Newlyweds' Night

SPOILER ALERT. DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT READ UNTIL TG RE120.

As the celebration died down, the King and Queen watched as the people below slowly cleared and returned to their respective quarters. Kaneki suggested for them to retire to their rooms and rest for the night. Touka nodded in agreement and stood up together with him. As they walked along the corridor, they did not speak at all, only enjoying the warmth that their bodies emitted and from their intertwined fingers. They would brush shoulders from time to time and she would look up at him and give him a small smile, which he would return with a big grin on his face.

They soon came to a stop in front of Touka's room. "Well... here we are. Uh then... Good night." Kaneki turned to leave but was stopped in his attempt to leave as Touka tugged on his sleeve.

"You wanna come in for a while? I'll make coffee."

A grin crept up to his face. To be honest, he was really happy to hear her say that. He didn't want to separate from her yet but he didn't have the guts to ask to stay longer.

"That grin is creeping me out."

He chuckled and circled his arms around her, pulling her close. "Is it wrong for a husband to feel happy about being able to spend more time with his wife?"

Well, it's not wrong.

"Whatever." She brushed off his embarrassing statement as she tried to ignore the blush on her cheeks and reached for the metal bars.

..Huh? Her hand landed on a doorknob instead of a metal bar. She looked up and was dumbfounded. Since when her cell had a door? It used to be just jail bars! She quickly opened the door and her jaw dropped as soon as she saw the room.

The room looked so grand and completely different from what used to be a cell. 4 solid white walls replaced the jail bars which used to provide no privacy whatsoever and in the middle of the room was a king sized bed with rose petals decorated on the pink bed sheets. A sheet of paper laid on the bed and Touka picked it up. Kaneki peeked over her shoulder to see what it says.

Dearest Queen,

Congratulations on your marriage. I took it upon myself to refurbish your room into one that is livable for a couple. A married couple deserves some privacy and should share the same room. I hope that it is to Kaneki-kun's and your tastes. Godere!

Tsukiyama Shuu

PS. You can thank me later.

Touka crushed the paper into a ball and clenched her jaw. That stupid eggplant head!

Kaneki laughed nervously. "That's Tsukiyama for you."

She sighed. Her getting angry here was not going to change anything. She spun her head around to look at her husband and her cheeks warmed at her thought. Husband... never thought I would call Kaneki that word... "Oh yeah. You said earlier during the party you wanted to do something right? What was it?"

"Ah I want to dance with you. It's always been a fantasy of mine. That I would have a slow dance with my wife after the wedding. If you don't want to do it, it's okay we can find something else to do." He trailed off, somehow knowing from her expression that she doesn't want to do it.

She turned her head away. "It's not that I don't want to do it but...I can't dance. I don't know how to."

"I learnt basic dancing when I was young. I can teach you. What do you say?" He asked as he stretched his hand out.

Touka stood there and thought for 3 seconds before taking his hand. He intertwined their fingers together, taking her other hand and placing it on his shoulder as his other hand rested on her upper back. He brought his mouth to her ear and whispered. "I didn't get the chance to say this earlier but you look very beautiful today."