Young

AU everyone is a human

---

Do you remember the day we met?

---

"Ayato!!! Ayato!!" The violet haired girl shouted. As she looked around for her lost little brother, she suddenly felt a tug on her shirt and turned behind. A timid-looking boy with black hair, grey eyes and a skinny figure stood before her.

"Umm are you looking for someone? I-I can help you." He smiled.

"T-Thank you. What's your name?" The girl asked softly.

"K-Kaneki Ken."

"Mine is Kirishima Touka."

They went around the park, trying to find the Touka's little brother. By her description, her brother has a lighter hair color than hers and his height is at her shoulder.

A crying voice could be heard in a distance and the black haired boy quickly made his way towards it. When he reached, he saw a boy squatting down and shedding tears. He managed to gain the trust of the boy and brought him over to Touka. "Is this your brother?" Kaneki asked.

"Ayato!" Touka tackled him with a tight hug and sniffed. She had promised not to cry in front of Ayato and so held it in. After they were done with their touching reunion, Touka turned to Kaneki, smiling. "Thank you for helping me find him."

Kaneki blushed. "No problem. I'm happy that we found him! My mom's calling me, I need to go! Bye!" With that, he ran off.

The next day, Touka and Ayato came to the same park again. The girl was hoping to see Kaneki there but he wasn't.

The day after too.

After a period of 2 weeks, the boy finally appeared again at the park. Touka spotted him sitting alone on a swing.

"Kaneki!"

The boy looked up and sees the girl from 2 weeks ago running towards him. Touka looked at him. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days. "What's wrong?" After hearing that question, tears slid down Kaneki's cheeks. Touka opened her arms and hugged him to her chest, letting him cry to his heart's content; it seems he has been holding it in for a very long time.

After Kaneki dried his tears, Touka sat down onto the swing beside him and listened to his story. His mom had just died from overworking so he is living at his aunt's house now but apparently his aunt is not treating him very well. Therefore making him feel very lonely.

At that moment, Touka knew that she had to be there for him. If he's left alone, he might break. So Touka decided that Ayato, Kaneki and her will meet at this park every week and will all play together.

They played together, fooled around together and ate together. Slowly but surely, Kaneki became happier than before.

---

"Touka-chan!" Kaneki called out.

"What is it?" Touka ran over to him and watched as Kaneki fidgeted. It looks like he's hiding something behind his back.

After a few suffocating seconds, Kaneki finally brought out the hidden object. "This!" He had his eyes screwed shut and was blushing furiously.

"Is this for me?" Touka asked while staring at the daisies in Kaneki's hands.

The blushing boy opened his eyes. "A-Ah yes! T-They're for you!" He stuttered nervously, worried that she might not like them, even more reject them.

Touka felt her cheeks burn as she took the beautiful flowers from his hands with thanks.

Daisies represent innocence, purity and loyal love.

---

10 Years Later...

Touka smacked the back of Kaneki's head. "Geez. How the hell did I even fall in love with a guy like you?"

Kaneki winced and rubbed the back of his head. He then took her hand into his and smiled at his girlfriend. "It was love at first sight for me. Though it took me a while to confess."

Looking at his girlfriend getting embarrassed, he did not regret the day he helped her find her brother. Touka was the reason why he's still alive and well today. If it wasn't for her, he would have died somewhere without anyone even caring. That's why he will cherish her till the end.

Thank you, Touka.

---

Hi guys! This was a request for someone but I forgot their name so if you're the one, please tell me! Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed!~

On another note, I have read through all of your comments in the previous chapter and I'm grateful for them! I will do my best to improve based on your suggestions! For those who said they love my one shots, I'm really happy that you like them and will continue to do my best! Along the way I might update a bit slow due to my academics and writers' block, but do bear with me! I'm a noobie writer after all! :D