Mistake

So basically I just combined a lot of requests into an original idea I had! For @toukakirishima1214 @Tokyoghoulfan003 @Natalia415 @amberdessy @KuroSairaf @Leonblitz426 @Caloise @XxLuiSupxX

I may not be able to satisfy the requests of everyone I tagged here but there are elements of your requests in this one shot! Enjoy :)

---

The door closed and Kaneki loosened his tie with his finger as he walked into his shared room with his beautiful wife, to see her sitting on the bed with their son, Kou in her arms. Touka smiled as she looked up at him. "Welcome back."

He leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek before gazing at her tenderly with a smile. "I'm home."

Kou squealed happily at the sight of his father and his tiny hands tried to reach for him. Kaneki took Kou from Touka and pressed a kiss to his forehead, making him giggle.

A wife and a family to come home to. It was what he always wanted.

--

After settling the sleeping Kou into his crib, Kaneki sat down onto the bed and watched as Touka applied her lotion on her creamy skin. His eyes ran over her body. She was wearing the red silk dress he bought her from last Christmas. "So...I need to go overseas again for my work.

Touka frowned and went to sit beside him. "How long this time?"

Though his job now was quite well-paid, she didn't like that they kept on sending her husband overseas. It always made her lonely because he would be gone for weeks at a time.

"1 month."

Her frown deepened. "Can you not go?"

Kaneki heaved a big sigh and enveloped her in his arms. "You know I can't do that."

"I know... I just...I'm going to miss you." She whispered as she closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, inhaling his scent.

"I'm going to miss you too. We can skype if you want to."

She sighed. "I know I'm being selfish but I need you. Kou needs you."

He placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back gently. Smiling down at her, he pecked her lips. "I'll get my work done as soon as I can and I'll bring you two out when I get back. How's that?"

She returned a smile. "Better."

He caressed her cheek and leaned in for another kiss.

"Come back soon, okay?"

"Okay."

---

As the plane landed in Paris, Kaneki turned on his phone and sent a text to his wife, saying that he touched down safely. He looked at the time, 7am. It's probably still in the middle of the night in Japan so he figured she wouldn't reply and placed his phone back into his pocket.

He grabbed his luggage and made his way to his hotel.

---

One week has passed since he landed in Paris. As he busied himself with his work, his mind wandered to Touka. How was she doing? Was she eating well? Was she sleeping well? She always says she can't sleep without him by her side. The same went for him, he could hardly eat or sleep without her. He missed her warmth, her smell and her heartbeat.

After completing a meeting with a client in the evening, Kaneki packed up and got ready to return to his hotel. As he walked along Paris' tree-filled streets, he noticed the large amount of couples on the streets. That was expected, with Paris being the city of love. But how he wished that he was here with Touka, on a holiday instead of being on the job. Then maybe they could walk around town together, visit the Eiffel Tower and have a romantic dinner to end the day.