Finally

A/N. This is a spoilers to those who hasn't read up until TG RE chapter 129 yet so proceed at your own risk.

Do play the videos I've inserted into the one shots. For best results, use a laptop to read this one shot :)

--

The king, aka 'Ken Kaneki', was reading some papers and it just came so suddenly. Touka blurts out the secret that she has been hiding from him for a month now. "I'm pregnant."

The papers dropped to the floor and the king stared with wide eyes at Touka, who was sitting on the bed. "What?" It came out as a whisper. He couldn't believe his ears. He just needed her to say it once more to confirm.

"I'm pregnant." She repeated, once more in a louder and clearer voice.

His body shook and he moved to sit down beside her on the bed. "H-how long? Have you checked?"

"A month now. I checked with a pregnancy test. It was positive."

He looked down at his lap. "I'm sorry. I don't... I don't know whether I'm supposed to feel happy or scared. I've always wanted a family of my own but we are in the middle of a war and I don't think this is going to work. Furthermore, we are having a shortage of food and the CCG are everywhere—"

Touka cupped his cheeks and forced him to look at her. "We will make this work. I promise." She then smiled.

--

Kaneki felt scared at first. It is very hard for a child between a human and ghoul to survive and Touka's body might mistake the child as food and digest it. But as he watched Touka's belly grow bigger as the months past with Hinami and everyone's help, and both she and the child are healthy, he's starting to think that it would be alright.

--

"I'm back." Kaneki declared as he entered the room, removing his coat and hanging it onto the chair. He felt exhausted but all of his fatigue faded away as he saw Touka sitting on the bed, her hands on her belly and smiling at him.

"Welcome back."

He moved to hug her and rested a hand on her belly. "I've been thinking all day but what do you think about the name 'Kou' for our child? Since he's a boy."

"Kou sounds nice."

--

The 9th month...

A wave of pain hit Touka and she was brought to a room specially designed for her to give birth and several ghouls who were experts in childbirth surrounded her. Only kaneki was allowed inside and he settled down onto a chair beside her bed. He held her hand and smiled at her. "It's going to be alright. We'll finally get to see our son, Touka."

She nodded. The ghoul midwives told her to push and ten hours into the birth with Kaneki by her side, Kou finally came out. "You did well, Touka-chan!" Kaneki said as he kissed her sweat-filled forehead and a big grin showed on his face.

Touka panted and smiled. Her head then turned to the midwives. "Can we see him?"

The midwives whispered amongst themselves.

She frowned. "What's wrong?"

One of them who was holding the child in a towel stood out. "There seems to be a problem. He isn't crying no matter what we do. And..." she seemed hesitant to continue. "He isn't breathing."

Touka's heart stopped for a moment. She struggled to get up and Kaneki quickly helped her up. "Could we see him?"

The midwife passed the child to Touka and she looked down at him. "Come on, Kou. You can do this. Mama and Papa are here. You need to breathe, you need to cry. Kou!"