Promise

THIS ONE SHOT CONTAINS SUICIDAL THEMES SO DON'T READ IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT! ALSO, DO NOT TRY THE WAYS TO SUICIDE HERE AT HOME!

Touka knows that she needs to be there for Hinami but she's at her limit. Kaneki has never even once visited her since he left Anteiku and she feels lonely.

She constantly worried about him as he always had a tendency of putting others' safety and health before his own.

Are you eating well?

Have you been training?

Those were the questions she thought to herself daily.

She wondered where her innocent Kaneki had gone. The one who couldn't even make a simple cup of coffee, the one who gave her more work to do, the one who became her first true friend and the one who stole her heart. Her Kaneki. But by the time she realized her feelings for him, he wasn't by her side anymore.

---

ATTEMPT #1

"Hinami you can go sleep first, I need to finish up my homework."

"Okay, Onee-chan! Good night!"

As soon as Hinami entered her own bedroom, Touka quickly changed her clothes and left to a convenience store. She then came back with a bottle and stood in her bathroom, looking at the bottle and wondering if a ghoul can die from an overdose of sleeping pills.

Since ghouls can't take human food, including medicine, it is highly possible that they won't die but Touka decided to try anyway.

She poured a bunch of pills in her hand and slowly brought it closer to her mouth. She could feel herself trembling as she did that.

Ah screw it!

She dumped the pills into her mouth. She laid on her bed, hoping she would not wake up the next morning.

She woke up a few times that night as her stomach couldn't take the pills but she managed to force them down with water.

When Touka woke up the next morning, she sighed.

---

ATTEMPT #2

Next is drowning and hypothermia.

Touka found a deserted swimming complex and filled the empty pool up with water and lots of ice. Even if she wouldn't die by drowning, she hoped she would by the coldness of the water. She tied a weight on each of her legs and jumped into the pool.

As she felt her consciousness leaving her, she was relieved.

Until, the next day when she opened her eyes again.

---

ATTEMPT #3

Touka had managed to invite everyone in Anteiku out, including Tsukiyama and Kimi, to a theme park. She had told them to meet her directly at the theme park at 1.30pm. But when it reached that timing, she called Nishiki to tell him that she wasn't coming.

"Hah?! You were the one who invited us and now you're not coming?!" Nishiki shouted into the phone.

"Shut up. I'm sick." Touka faked a cough. "Go and have fun."

With that, she hung up.

They all found it weird that Touka was the one who suggested this outing. After all, she wasn't the type of person who would do this.

With everyone distracted at the theme park, Touka ran around her room to close all her windows and doors and went to the kitchen to turn on the gas.