Back

Requested by : @Sara_Frak

Touka stroked his head and ran her fingers through his white hair gently as she looked down at the sleeping boy.

"Kaneki..."

---

A week ago, a dove saw Touka and Kaneki killing a ghoul and chased them.

Kaneki didn't want Touka to get caught so he ran behind her, letting her run in front.

What he didn't expect was that the dove was able to catch up with them very fast and he hit Kaneki at the back of his head with his Quinque.

He started to fall behind as he felt his consciousness leaving him. Touka noticed and threw him over her arms, carrying him while running.

"Sorry..." Kaneki murmured before he lost his consciousness.

Touka finally managed to get away from the dove and return to Anteiku.

She was slightly hurt herself  but her wound will heal in a few days but Kaneki was worse off. No matter how much she called his name or hit him, he wouldn't wake up.

Yoshimura suggested getting a ghoul doctor to come and check up on Kaneki and the employees of Anteiku all agreed.

The doctor came and confirmed that Kaneki is in a coma and doesn't know when he will wake up. The only thing they can do is to talk to him and hope that his mental strength is very strong.

---

"Kaneki how do you feel? I feel groggy today. Woke up having a nightmare."

No response.

---

"Kaneki, today Hinami helped us wash the dishes. She's really hardworking."

No response.

---

"Kaneki please wake up... I miss you..." Touka took his hand into hers and placed it on her cheek. She missed his voice, his kisses and his touch. Everything.

No response.

---

She visited him almost everyday and anytime in between her shifts but to no avail.

"Kaneki, won't you wake up? We all miss you a lot... I miss you touching me..."

Hearing no response from him again today Touka broke down, crying. Her mental strength is slowly breaking down.

It's been 3 months since he fell into this coma and he hasn't shown a single hint of waking up.

She decided to try again tomorrow as she left the room.

---

Touka kissed his lips and held his hand. "Please wake up. I'm already begging you..."

Looking at his face, Touka's hopes were dashed once again. She gently put down his hand onto the bed but still held onto it.

Suddenly, she felt his hand twitch. She quickly looked down at his hand and her eyes widened as one finger moved.

"Kaneki! Kaneki!" Touka shouted at him. He was close to waking up, he just needs a little more!

"Kaneki! Wake up!"

She blinked and a pair of grey eyes met hers. Tears of relief rolled down her cheeks.

Kaneki weakly raised his hand and placed it on her cheek. "I heard you once." He said with a hoarse voice.

Touka tackled Kaneki with a hug, whispering, "you idiot". He smiled and hugged back weakly.

She helped him sit up against the head board. "Wait a minute I'll go get you something to eat."

She then came back with 2 packets of meat. Kaneki thanked her and took both packets from her.

"How long have I been in this coma?" He asked.

"Around 3 months."

"That long?!" Kaneki sighed. "I must have caused a lot of trouble for you guys at work."

"It's fine. We hired a new worker."

"Okay. Anyway Touka-chan."

"Yes?"

"I heard you begging for me to wake up and to touch you?" Kaneki smirked.

Touka flushed. "I said nothing like that!"

He chuckled. "Don't be shy. I woke up. What do you want me to do?" He said seductively and bit on her earlobe.

She blushed. There was a lot of things she wanted him to do. But first...

"Go and take a shower and brush your teeth."

"Eh... I told you would ask for a kiss or something." Kaneki pouted.

"Of course a kiss but you haven't brushed your teeth and showered in 3 months. I don't want you to touch me like that."

"You're mean, Touka-chan. Okay I'll go but before that, a kiss."

"Bakaneki." Touka kissed his cheek.

"Kiss received!" Kaneki grinned and got off the bed.

Knock knock.

"Come in." Kaneki said.

The whole lot of Anteiku employees came in and congratulated him for waking up. Hinami was especially happy since he is an older brother to her and also, she didn't like Touka feeling down every day.

---

Kaneki came out of the shower and noticed Touka had already fallen asleep on his bed while waiting for him. He sat down onto the bed and stared at her.

I must have worried her quite a lot... Kaneki thought as he touched her eye bags.

He laid down beside her and hugged her to his chest, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Sweet dreams, Touka-chan."

---

This one shot is pretty shitty seeing as I couldn't imagine much sorry >< but I hope you guys enjoyed!~

Ps might be starting a new story soon. Plot will be Touka has to work outside to support her brother, Ayato in school and Kaneki is a rich man who bought over her when he met her in a club. AU and OOC. Should I start? But that would mean that I would update my other stories slower.