Meant To Be II

Part 2 to Meant To Be. (Please read the previous part before reading this.)

---

He does return a few weeks later, wearing the same black outfit and books her for the night. It has since become a habit for him to visit her once every few weeks and they always do it without exchanging any words, only letting their bodies do the talking and he never stays the night. She suspects that it was to prevent having any relations and she was fine with that but still she wished that he would stay, even just for one night.

One night, he comes again and when they do it, Touka noticed that something was up with him. It was like he wasn't focusing and was deep in thought. After they finished, they lay beside each other on the bed, staring at the white ceiling above them.

"You're different today." She spoke.

His eyes flickered to hers. "Why? A woman's intuition?"

He was totally mocking her but she ignored that, probing. "..do you want to talk about it?"

Kaneki turned to his side and faced the wall. "You don't want to know."

"I want to know that's why I'm asking. But if you don't wanna talk about it, I shall start talking about myself."

He opened his mouth to say that he didn't want to know but she has already started.

"I'm 24 this year and have been in this industry since I was 18. My parents died when my brother and I was young and my brother is currently missing as well. The reason why I chose this industry to work in was because I felt so alone and I wanted to feel like I was needed and to be in someone's arms. But it should have been obvious that this job will never give me that, no matter how long or hard I worked."

Her story sounded similar to his. He was always alone and wanted someone to tell him they needed him. But being in his profession, he wasn't allowed to have relationships with anyone, be it a family member or a lover, because if he did and they got killed, he would be in far more greater pain. That's how he have lived his life up till now but listening to her, he wasn't so sure anymore. He stared at her as she continued talking about herself and was puzzled. What is this feeling? It makes my heart go warm and all fuzzy...

"Hey are you listening?"

Her question snapped him back to reality as she crawled above him and sat down. She smirked, feeling his member harden again and poke her butt. "You may not be listening but your down there is."

They do it again and Kaneki shrugged the feeling off as only lust. After all, Touka was a very sexy and attractive woman. She had the curves in all the right places and knew how to make him feel good. It's been a while since he's met someone like her. Among all of the women he's slept with, she's the best.

---

One day, Kaneki heard rumors going around that a blue haired woman was killed by an assassin and his heart flipped upon hearing that. He rushed to the brothel and up to the room they always used. Panting heavily, he sighed in relief when he saw Touka there alive. He thought it was just concern for her, but his heart wouldn't stop racing and it seems that his body wouldn't too, as he moved to wrap his arms around her just to make sure that she was truly safe.

"Hey, you look like you just saw a ghost. You okay?" Touka asked with a smirk, yet had concern in her voice.

He grabbed her cheeks and pressed his lips onto hers. She's here. She's safe. She's alive. Those were the words that kept on repeating in his head as he pushed her down onto the bed, feeling her soft skin and curves under his fingers. That was when he realized, he was in love with her. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be so relieved to see her alive, he wouldn't be so worried about her and he wouldn't desire to be with her.