One Relaxing Day

Request for @KawaiiMarshmallows

Today was one of the very few days the two of them would have a day off together.

Touka moaned as the light peeked through the curtains, cracking open her eyes and instead of feeling grumpy like she usually does, she felt happy. The reason was being today she was able to wake up to seeing the person she loves sleeping in her bed, not just an empty bed.

Watching Kaneki sleeping soundly, she caressed his cheek before taking a look at her clock.

8am. It was still early so she decided to go back to sleep. She snuggled into his chest, falling back into dreamland quickly at the sound of his heartbeat.

...

9.30am

It was Kaneki's turn to wake up. He woke up to hearing the sound of someone shifting in bed and opened his eyes to Touka's back. He moved closer to wrap his arms around her, kissing the nape of her neck.

She made a noise but continued sleeping. He got up and the squeaking of the bed awoke her.

"Mmn... Where are you going?" She pulled on his shirt.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. I'm going to make some coffee, want some?"

The sides of Touka's mouth curved up to a small smile. "Mm. Call me when the coffee's done.."

"Sure."

Kaneki made his way to the kitchen, coming back 5 minutes later and sat down onto the bed. "The coffee's ready."

Touka groaned and her eyebrows furrowed together. "5 more minutes..."

He smiled and pushed her bangs out of her face to get a better look at her goddess-like face (in his eyes).

"The coffee will be cold by then. Come on, wake up and have it with me." His hand travelled up her back and she yelped from his touch.

She sat up and grumbled. "Bastard you knew that was my ticklish spot..."

He chuckled and kissed her cheek. "Let's have coffee together."

"Fine. Wait here."

After changing out of her pajamas and washing up in the toilet, Touka went and sat down beside Kaneki at the coffee table in the living room. She sipped her coffee, sneaking a glance at her boyfriend and almost spat her drink out at seeing his head.

She laughed, a rare action coming from her.

Kaneki looked at her in confusion as to why she was laughing at him.

Before he could ask, Touka was already behind him and making his hair. "Jeez. Your bed hair is horrible." She stifled a laugh.

"Ah I couldn't make it go down this morning so I decided to just leave it. I'm glad I left it down, at least it made you laugh."

She felt her cheeks warm after hearing his statement. As her fingers ran through his soft white hair, she felt him relax against her.

"Hey Touka-chan?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you have anywhere you want to go today? Since it's our once in a while day off."

"I wanna go buy a CD to watch at home."

"Okay."

So they got changed and left the house.

Time skip to on the the way home.

"Run!!" Touka shouted.

"Ah Touka-chan wait for mee!!" Kaneki shouted after her.

The two of them ran as fast as they could to a shelter as it suddenly started pouring.