Fated Soulmates

Sasuke sobbed in his chest, the heavy thunder masked his ugly wails if only for a bit as everyone around them stood poised ready for action. Naruto's entire frame pulsed with demonic chakra. Not only had he merged with Kurama he had begun stealing chakra from other tail beast holders who hadn't fallen to the Akatsuki yet. Now he had gained the Lava Style that was only known to be in the shinobi who once held Son Goku. 

He had nearly gotten the chakra from the two tail holders but was stopped by the ones whom he called friends at one point in his life. The storm raged and the waters they stood on became unstable by both the wind and Naruto losing his temper. Sasuke was the only one who was brave enough to run up to him. Even though he was thoroughly traumatized from their last battle three years prior he still had the strength to face the blonde, to hold him.

Had Naruto cared now he would've been touched but now he saw the other as an obstacle just like last time. He raised his hand, claws sharp and this made everyone rush forward as Sasuke's agility failed him due to being overwhelmed. He was pulled away by Sakura, a female alpha and the third link in their once three-man team. Sasuke was in hysterics and tried running back but it was too late as everyone snapped out of their daze and a fight ensued. "Don't hurt him!" Sasuke screamed but that was not necessary as Naruto had become stronger as he wiped them out with a black and red whip that slashed at their bodies.

Sakura slapped Sasuke who looked up at her with tears in his eyes. "Wake up Sasuke, that isn't the Naruto we know and it's time to accept that," She growled at him before jumping into the fight herself and she stood a chance as she and Naruto engaged in hand-to-hand combat. They matched blow for blow with both alphas getting out of control as the prize was Sasuke. Growing up Sasuke has never hidden his affection for Naruto. He would cling to him even when others mocked him for crushing on the orphan and village pariah. He would defend Naruto against teachers who wanted to misuse him and support his dream of becoming Hokage. Sakura was the only female alpha in their year and her eyes were set on Sasuke but he was never interested. When they all got paired on the same team it was a nightmare from day one as Naruto at this point had gotten colder and bold.

He took the hatred from the village and poured it into training. He was never interested in love, nor did he bat an eye at Sasuke and it infuriated the pink-haired shinobi because she had to watch all of Sasuke's acts of affection go unnoticed. He made proper meals for the blonde and Naruto would refuse, bought him the clothes from village stalls since no one wanted to sell the blonde anything and Naruto would just reimburse Sasuke and not say thank you. Sasuke took everything on the chin and doubled his efforts but it was met with a wall. Naruto had closed himself off from the world. He finally went rogue shortly after he and Sakura got caught in an argument. A fight ensued and while Sasuke had to part them he only looked at the blonde with affection while glaring at the pink-haired shinobi.

She was the final push and she knew Sasuke hated her for it despite him telling her it wasn't her fault. She felt guilty because Sasuke fell into a deep depression after he tried and failed to bring Naruto back. Kakashi-sensei was the one to find him at the damaged waterfall with a hole in his chest. It would seem Naruto's point got across and you'd be wrong. It turns out Naruto and Sasuke were special, a fated pair. They were destined for each other and with that realization, Sakura knew she could never win the Uchiha's affection as now that he knew that he and Naruto were meant to be he focused on training to bring him back.

This was their first meeting in three years.

"What's with that look on your face?" Naruto taunted as he caught her off guard with an uppercut that tossed her back. "Jealous? You want him to don't you?" He teased as he rushed at her, not giving her the chance to get back on a proper footing. "You wished you were his destined mate right? You must hate me for it. That I treat him this way?"

She blocked one of his blows and began to counterattack. "No, I don't hate you. hate that you won't take him with you!" She screamed as she pushed Naruto back a bit. "If you know the state between you two why let him suffer?"

"Because he's a weak breeding bitch," Naruto clocked her across the cheek as he said this. "He's pathetic."

Sasuke's heart burned from those comments and as much as he wanted to curl up and fall into subspace he couldn't because Naruto would never comfort him. He got on his feet and spun his Sharingan out and took over for Sakura who had now fallen. Artificial lighting came from his blade and a bright smile overswept Naruto's face as he began forming his signature move, the Rasengan. It was a flashback to that day, the same thunder and storms as they ran at each other, Sasuke could barely see through his tears while Naruto's malicious grin was on full display.

As they got closer it was too late for Sasuke to change direction, he didn't want to hurt his fated alpha and while he knew Naruto intended to kill him he felt happy, in these last moments he had his alpha's attention and that's all that mattered.

"I wish we could be reborn, to travel a different path. It would seem we were destined to tear each other apart even though I don't want to," Sasuke cried as he felt pain bloom in his chest, blood rose in his throat as he finally got to see those blue eyes he fell in love with. Naruto's eyes widened in shock and the blonde looked down to see that while Sasuke couldn't change direction, he killed the lighting and since Naruto's body was pierced resistant, the lone blade without lighting snapped in two. Blood spilled into the lake they fought on, Sasuke was crying with a bloody smile. "I love you Naruto, I love you so much," He tried to reach forward with his last strength to kiss the blonde but the universe was cruel and Sasuke's eyes went blank before he could reach halfway.

His body became limp, only held up by Naruto's arm that had obliterated his heart. The blonde felt bile rising in his throat as he looked into the empty eyes of his fated omega, the omega he killed without hesitation. A heart that loved him dearly, a body that would have done everything he said, a soul who cared for him. He stomped on it, shattered it once, and crushed it to dust the second time. Tears formed in his eyes as he pulled Sasuke's body to his chest. He looked around at the unconscious bodies of people he still didn't care about and started to leave with the corpse of his fated omega.

"I love you Sasuke. I love you too."