Sibling Rivalry

"Boruto! Shikadai! Quit it!" Naruto glared at them both as his hair made a bang over his eyes. He looked absolutely demonic and both boys froze in place as they held knives to each other's necks. "And you lazy ass come discipline your spawns!"

It was directed at Shikamaru who was watching from a safe distance while continuing the writing of his book. He merely looked away with a small smile. It was amusing to watch the boys vie for their mother's attention, in fact, it was the main plot for the book he was currently writing. He chuckled as he heard Naruto growl at the two boys, they'd been doing it from birth. Fraternal twins each bearing carbon copy likeness to each parent.

The boys in question dropped the knives they've been using to each lunch in favor of glaring at each other. "This competition is getting out of hand, what are you two trying to do? Give me heart failure. Keep this up and I might collapse," Naruto said ominously, it made both boys look away in shame, and Shikamaru giving his wife a raised brow, Naruto merely shot a smirk in his direction. "Just love each other please, I know you do I'm trying here to give you equal attention."

"Okay Mom, we'll stop," Boruto said with a tired sigh all of a sudden. Shikadai nodded as well but the parents knew their children well. Nothing serious ever lasted long in this place. Naruto however was already plotting and Shikamaru could see it in the mischievous glint in his eyes. He felt a disturbance in the air and cowered under his wife's gaze.

"You better, I'll let you in from now. Keep up this disturbing and unhealthy behavior and I'll have no choice but to punish you myself. And trust me the last time I punished anyone was your father 2 months after we started dating. And believe me, he still doesn't walk the same as he used to."

Naruto narrowed his eyes dangerously and the twins shivered a bit before scurrying off to their room. Once they were gone Naruto collapsed on his husband's lap with a sigh. "Can't you keep your spawns under control? I wonder where they got this impossible jealously from? Can't be me, I'm confident."

Shikamaru bowed his head in shame at the harsh jab. "Come now darling don't stab my pride so brutally. You should've made sure to keep nasty perverts away from you."

"Oh? Are you saying you're okay with our children fighting for my love that is equally given to them? You should know I don't play favorites, I could've married either Sasuke or you, it was really down to the wire on which proposal came first. I guess they inherited that blatant jealously from you. How disgustingly cute," Naruto started chuckling as he kissed the other's cheek before wrapping his arms around the other.

"You're the one whose disgustingly cute, creating our demonic spawns, they might end up at knifepoint for real one day," Shikamaru commented as he planted a small kiss on the other's lips. "They're so twisted like us, gambling on the whim that you might like the other more. I knew I married you just to watch them grow up like this."

They chuckled together.

***********

Boruto smirked as he sharpened his dagger and laced it with poison. Shikadai was right beside him admiring the sharpness. "You'll take my jugular out with that before the poison kicks in," He said with a shy smile, there was an eager glint in his eyes. Like he wanted to be slit with the blade. But that didn't mean he didn't have his own trick up his sleeves.

He had already designed his weapon of choice to go against his brother. No one could figure out why they were such an odd pair of twins. Twins are willing to light a fire under each other's ass just for a chance at their mother's undivided love. But yet they still loved each other wholeheartedly, their mother was just enchanting and they all shared that demented thought process.

Loving someone this wholeheartedly was a dangerous gamble, you're suddenly locked in a desperate struggle to win it all. Their mother was truly a sight to behold, he was already a perfect creation by being in the 3% of males capable of bearing children along with an extensive track record of suitors who were funding him from birth in hopes of him joining their clan. He wasn't an idiot, it didn't really come down to who got the proposal in, Naruto's choice was on one question the entire time.

'Are you the same as me?'

Meaning, can you be as reckless as I am?

Raise the stakes at a moment's notice?

Can you ensure our children grow up in our nature?

It was no use this late in evolution to try and turn things around in society for the greater good. They admired their mother for his blunt answer when they asked him. "Greater Good? You're joking, right? Who gives a fuck, we're the greater good. What's the point of turning back the clock to the goddamn stone age just to preserve some trees, don't you see we're in the world of technology, everything possible with money and we have plenty to take several roads all at once and reap benefits."

They shivered in delight as they waited for a month to pass before picking up back their competition. "How many faces have you bashed in?"

"17, 10 girls, 7 boys. How about you?"

Shikadai hissed his teeth in annoyance. "Ditto, though does making the victim lose teeth counted as extra?"

"Not unless you're counting me making one of the bitches lose an eye," Boruto countered. "Extra if you get them to silence their mouths."

"No problem, we are the Nara family, of course, let's carry our results to mother."

*********

"So in the month following the knife incident in my home you're telling me you racked up bodies of students by gambling them into the ground and when they wanted to back out you smashed their face in?" Naruto question as he viewed the photos he had been given. He shook his head but took time to admire the craft their children could do.

"Of course," Shikadai started.

"As heirs to Nara Mafia it was only fair," Boruto continued.

"If we don't establish our claim this early one then we surely can't show our faces. Are you a proud mother? Who do you love more?" Shikadai asked wanting to know if he tipped the scale.

"Well let's just say this," Naruto locked eyes with them and he sneered. "I don't care what you do to others outside of our circle but stop aiming to harm each other. I love you both dearly and you want attention, I'll give the attention you need but don't harm each other. I like your competitions. Keep it going, now come here."

They rushed to him without hesitation despite being much taller than him now. He caressed Boruto's cheeks first. "My likeness in spades, my dear blondie I love you, darling."

He turned to Shikadai who was pouting which was ridiculous since they're 17 now. If they had been six and playing around with their needles soaked in garlic then it might've been cute, now it was just a mix between his father's seductive gaze and his bored neutral expression. A nice creation but he still had baby fat to get through.

"Ah your father, such charm you've become, still need to get rid of the fat and you'll be a knockout. You have my love darling no need to worry," Naruto purred and he brought them in by the chin.

"As long as you keep working together you'll have my love for eternity."