Rogue Fixation

After three years of living in this sealed prison and Shikamaru was at his wit's end. He refused to budge however, he wouldn't give up his fixation he would tear his tongue out before he led them to Naruto. But he was ready to go to the blonde. His heartbeat was the only thing keeping him sane. He wanted to leave and he already had a plan in motion. He detested this village and he planned to wipe it off the map, especially his clan who allowed him to be sealed here.

A loud clank could be heard and he knew who it was before they came into sight. Shikaku Nara took in the state of his son, those pitch-black eyes with protruding veins narrowed with a killer's intent and as soon as he got close enough Shikamaru lunged, his shadow claws reaching for his neck. Sadly he remained just out of reach. Shikamaru snarled at him, his fangs grinding into each other. "Shika-"

"You don't get to call me that! You put me in here! You betrayed me, your only fucking son! When I get out I'll murder you in front of everyone!"

"I know you don't mean that, you're just frustrated that your fixation left you here," Shikaku said, a nervous tint barely noticeable. Shikamaru picked up on it however and smirked.

"He never knew and it's a good thing. He's out there and he's safe instead of enduring this bull crap just because I'm here. But guess what I'm fucking done with this place, I'll get out and I'll burn it all to the ground!" Shikamaru fiercely promised. "I'll murder that bitch you call a Kage and I'll gut Ino and Choji. And the things I plan to do with Uchiha, Haruno fuck even that copy shit Hatake. I'll make you all regret holding back my light. And you Dad, I have plans for you, I'll even slit Mommy's pretty little neck and drain her from a hook while you watch."

Shikamaru's laughter echoed in the chamber. He sounded insane, he was completely off the rocker and he was proud of it. He had changed for the worst and it showed. The long-term effects of not being in physical contact with his fixation were horrible and ate away at whatever sanity he had left. His arms and legs had black veins trailing up his body and they made a spider web on his back. They pulsed heavily with the shadows he stole from Anbu who had tried to subdue him. Stealing one's shadow turned them to dust and Shikamaru had a nasty habit of taking those of whoever he deemed lesser and not worthy of a true death by his hands.

He did however once get fed up with Inoichi knocking around his deteriorated mind and reached for his shadow to watch the man turn to ash, however, Ino got him out of range. He cackled at them a sick twisted smile forever on his lips. What Shikamaru and the others didn't know was that a third party was watching them play this cat and mouse. One who was determined to break Shikamaru out, especially when the Nara defended him for the last three years and even before that. And more or less bring Shikamaru back to some sanity.

"He's the only one who could ever love me Kura, I have to get him. He placed his sanity in me, he saw something in me that was worth throwing away everything," Naruto said as he peered through the eyes of his small summons fox who could easily sneak around. "He could easily find me, lead them to me but he won't. He's even grown to hate this village for me, for the injustice I faced. I've never felt so happy before and he's mine. He swore himself to me, I think I might be in love with the insanity."

***********

"Shikamaru, Shika, wake up," Naruto called as he shook the other awake, Shikamaru's black eyes opened and immediately went to lash out his shadows when tanned hands cupped his cheeks. He looked up into a face he knew all too well despite many years passing.

'Who could forget those whiskers and it smells like him too. It's my Naruto, it's not some imposter like what Uchiha tried and it's not Genjutsu either, my chakra has been flaring these last few days,' Shikamaru thought as he calmed down enough to allow the other to come closer. "You need to go, they could capture you."