Unbearable Heat

Many ask why Naruto never bonded with another alpha after the death of Shikamaru. It was simple, he didn't want another scent to taint the home where his and Shikamaru's already penetrated, it must've been a sick twist of fate that their only child Shikadai had been blessed with his father's scent as well. After Shikamaru's death, Naruto spent his time making sure his growing baby got everything he deserved. At times it was hard without an alpha to help him but he persevered.

Shikadai grew into a wonderful alpha. The only thing that was left on the list was for him to take him. It was known that alpha sons were allowed to be intimate with their mother who was an omega. Shikadai knew this, Naruto made sure he heard it from him before the school introduced it to them. Shikadai just never made a move on it. He never engaged. It was puzzling to Naruto and whenever he tried to brooch the subject with him, especially when he was near his rut Shikadai would build a wall. He would suffer through his ruts alone.

Naruto wondered where he had gone wrong and if he had done something that would turn Shikadai away from him sexually. He couldn't remember anything that might've made the other uncomfortable. Eventually, he dropped it, if his son was one of the few alphas that didn't engage in intimacy with their mother then he would respect that. Insecure omegas would say and wonder if they were too ugly and that's why their sons dodged the intimacy. Naruto knew for a fact that wasn't the case when it came to them, his body was prime, and he could still pass for 23, the oldest being 27. He took care of himself and if you act young you look young.

Naruto was in the kitchen when he felt it, a rush of warmth. He gripped the knife a bit tighter, he was supposed to be preparing dinner. Why was his heat coming now of all times?! He took suppressants for fuck's sake! 'Did they finally wear off?' Naruto wondered as he felt dizzy, it's been 3 years since he allowed his heat to run its course, instead, he built a fucking dam. Another rush had him falling over as he was overcome by the intensity. The knife clattered somewhere and he was glad he didn't turn on any burners as that would be a shit storm if their den burned down. He groaned as he allowed it all to wash over him as it all faded to black.

Shikadai came home to the entirety of his being washed with fruits dipped in honey. It was such a sweet scent and he growled so loudly it echoed. A whine came in response and Shikadai shivered at how desperate it sounded. He followed it but knew who it was already. Several years ago when his father was on his death bed he specifically told him to take care of Naruto. Become Naruto's alpha. Shikamaru knew his wife was stubborn and would deny himself pleasure just to ensure their son turned into a wonderful person. Shikadai listened of course and over the years he was there for his mother. But he couldn't bring himself to bring him to bed.

How could he?

His mother was very attractive, over the years he had to bare his fangs at filthy men who thought it wise to approach his mother. He wanted to make love to him but he didn't want his mother slipping up and calling him by his father's name. It had been something that weighed on his mind for a long time. Everyone told him how much of his father he is and how his interests weren't what his father was interested in. It bugged him to no end but like a superhero, his mother would encourage him, call him his person, and that he didn't have to do what his father did. He had free reign and Naruto would support him no matter what.

It saved him and he did become his person and picked up a rather questionable kink/fetish that he wanted to do but didn't because he didn't want to make his mother uncomfortable. It was one of the big reasons why he didn't engage in intimacy with him. Another was because he didn't have his father to guide him along during his first time like all other alpha sons had. His mother would be his guide but he found it embarrassing and shied away even more. He could see a slight hurt placed on his mother's face but he stuck by his childish reasons.