Soulmate

"Naruto?" Shikamaru called out as he entered the blonde's apartment. He stepped inside and locked the door behind him, checking to ensure that it was secured before taking off his shoes and entering deeper into the apartment. "Sigh, I bet you're probably sleeping."

He wandered around looking for his best friend before finally opening the bedroom door. He saw the blonde on his stomach sleeping, his head turned to the wall. He was naked except for his boxers and it was then Shikamaru noted something that made him freeze.

It was a deer.

A very familiar deer pattern that he had sprawling across his thigh, he's always been conscious of it, always hiding it. He just found it rather ironic since his entire family had connections to deer but he was the only one to have a heavy nudge towards it. But there was Naruto, the same pattern branching across his back and curling around to his stomach. Naruto's always been private about his mark as well but now that he had his soulmate here and now made him weak.

A switch flipped inside his head, his body acknowledging that he had found his soulmate. Pheromones started to leak from his scent gland. An omega should start the seduction process the moment they have confirmation of their soulmate. It was just a fog covering Shikamaru, the scent obviously woke the blonde up if the tale-tell growl was anything to go by. Naruto's scent reached out to him and Shikamaru whimpered.

He was afraid they were best friends.

"Shikamaru?" Naruto tilted his head at the sweet pile at the door. The blonde looked down at his body and noted the soulmate mark that was displayed. "You're my soulmate?"

Shikamaru hiked up his shorts that were originally on his knees to show an exact replica. A primal instinct entered both of them as they started growling at each other. Naruto stalked over to Shikamaru, the omega purring as he surged forward to press himself into the blonde's chest. The blonde buried his face in the other's neck and sucked on his scent gland. Shikamaru moaned, gripping Naruto's bicep as he bared his neck.

Naruto was so tempted to sink his teeth in, to claim him right there but he resisted, instead of kissing the other deeply. Shikamaru swallowed the other's mating venom, his body becoming hotter with each mouthful. Desire filled the room as Naruto cradled him in his arms and stood up swiftly. He carried Shikamaru to bed and finally pulled back. "You've been right under my nose but I'm so happy it's you," Naruto kissed his cheek and began scenting him.

Shikamaru soon calmed his heart before falling asleep from Naruto's scenting. When he woke up it was later in the day, close to sunset and he was still in Naruto's arms. This alpha was his soulmate, his best friend, his closest person. Naruto wasn't perfect, he had a hard childhood that was now saved because of a crazy inheritance. He was flawed, angry issues when he was being challenged. In all honesty, Shikamaru was the closest thing to Naruto's heart, he was goofy with him and followed him like a murderous puppy when Shikamaru socialized with his circle.

Naruto didn't mind that Shikamaru was his only friend, he wanted to protect this lazy omega, now that he knew they were bound for eternity it was a blessing from Kami-sama. He would never be alone now. "I'm happy you're my soulmate," Shikamaru murmured as he remembered Naruto's words before he fell asleep.

The blonde opened his eyes and smiled at him. "You're stuck with me, aren't I a lucky bastard?"

"I guess so," Shikamaru chuckled. "Why didn't you bite me?"

"I didn't know if you wanted me to do it right then. I wanted you out of the fog of discovery first," Naruto answered softly as he trailed his fingertips across his face. Shikamaru leaned into his touch and sighed.

"No, I wanted you to bite me. Right now, if you want to."

"Eager?"

"I have my soulmate, I want to be bitten by said soulmate," Shikamaru poked his cheek and Naruto smiled before burying his face in Shikamaru's neck.

***********

Naruto eyed the nest tentatively that was very large. He was lucky he upgraded his apartment so Shikamaru could get room to do this. "There are no clothes in my closet right now, are they?"

"Umm," Shikamaru looked at the nest then back at Naruto and pouted. "Do I have to?"

"I need a shower and unless you plan to pony up your ass then I suggest you pluck a shirt and shorts out of the nest," Naruto leaned against the door frame as he watches Shikamaru's face turn crimson.

"It's not time yet, just another day before my heat."

"Yes, another day and I don't want to freeze my ass off tonight," Naruto murmured as he caught the clothing Shikamaru plucked out from the pile. "Be back in a couple of minutes, I brought your favorite take-out."

They pigged out together on the sofa, Shikamaru pressed into the blonde's chest as they shared each dish. On Shikamaru's scent gland was Naruto's teeth marks a sign of their bond. Shikamaru would be obsessed with those marks. He would unconsciously feel them with this wide grin on his face that made Naruto look at him weirdly. They lounged around afterward. Eating sweets and kissing each other as they created a mix of their scents before moving into the nest Shikamaru created. Shikamaru clung to him, scenting his alpha with Naruto playing in his hair as they slowly drifted.

In their half-awake consciousness, they started talking to each other. "Hey, Naru?"

"Yes, baby?"

"What if I get pregnant?"

"Then we take care of the baby."

"Would you marry me?"

Naruto chuckled at the question. "I think the fact Kami-sama paired us together is far more powerful than a worldly wedding."

"But still can I have a wedding? Do you want a wedding?"

"Of course, I want a wedding darling. Marrying my most precious person would make me happy."

Shikamaru smiled in his chest as he listened to his alpha's calm heartbeat. "You made me so happy Naruto, even before it was known that we were soulmates. You made me smile so happily."

"I'll do anything to see you smile."

It soon tapered off as they finally fell asleep. The next morning Naruto woke up in a pool of sweat from his soulmate. Shikamaru was still asleep but he was panting and his face was crimson. Naruto could feel his omega's slick soaking his shirt and the scent of honey and fruits fogged up his mind. Shikamaru moaned as he shifted downwards to get to his alpha's aching cock.

'This is my life now,' Naruto thought as he tried to get up but Shikamaru wouldn't let him. He was waking up.

"Alpha~" Shikamaru called.

"Don't call me that when we're like this," Naruto hissed as his cock throbbed. "You need to cool down a bit, you're overheating."

Naruto finally got Shikamaru into the bathroom and into a cold bath. He whined and cried but at least he was cooling down. Naruto joined him as he was a mess. Shikamaru clung to him as he was washed off. Once it was over Shikamaru finally broke through the fog, he looked up at Naruto who was drying him off, and smiled.

"Thanks, I was lost there for a moment," He said as he started giggling.

"I would've plundered you in the nest but I know you hate it when we mess it up," Naruto commented as he felt under Shikamaru's neck. "Now you're down to a proper temperature, don't scare me like that ever again."

"Promise but you'd be a wonderful alpha if you actually got me into a bed."

"Say no more, I've got you."