Claiming a Deer

In a year all of them would be heading into a cruel society. Some were destined to be kidnapped and others were destined to rise through the ranks. Two persons especially had their way paved already and both intended to follow it through no matter what happens but deep down they didn't want to and the only thing holding them back weirdly was the other. They were enemies, they were on opposite sides of the society, destined to walk past each other but they were reluctant to do that as they knew something kept them tethered, kept them from really pushing each other to the brink of the cliff.

It was their history, their long, heavy history that started as a textbook romance but ended up with them being ripped apart by their dynamics. Shikamaru's instinct to always be on guard and Naruto's craving for herbivores as food. Both boys tried to keep their bond as puberty hit. Shikamaru tried so hard to keep himself from flinching whenever Naruto got too close to a vulnerable part of his body and Naruto quelled the urge to tear his throat out as he slowly got used to Shikamaru's developing scent. But ultimately no matter how hard they tried they were just meant to have an obstacle.

They were experimenting, Naruto caressing his antlers while he tugged on one of his many tails. Naruto was scenting him, licking his neck and Shikamaru was falling under the spell, he let his guard down and Naruto in his daze had his hunger rear its ugly head. Shikamaru's screams alerted their parents to what was happening and they arrived at the sight of Naruto's fangs out, bloodied with Shikamaru's blood as he snarled over him. Instead of his normal blue eyes, they were red with black slits.

He had gone feral.

He leaned down, licking Shikamaru's tears whose body convulsed from the sheer terror of his best friend since birth biting into him like he was nothing more than a piece of meat. Naruto couldn't hear his calls as he snapped and growled over him. It was safe to say that this was the end of their friendship. Every other time after that Naruto ignored him, walked past him like he was air and it hurt because Shikamaru had already forgiven him for it. If getting bitten like that means he kept Naruto by his side then he was alright with it. But it seemed Naruto had done the most Naruto thing ever and decided it would be better if he kept his distance.

It went on like that for years Shikamaru refused to get rid of the blonde's marks on the side of his neck as it was the last thing he had for the blonde that he could physically touch. Sure it was traumatic and he had nightmares about the night but it was the only evidence that showed that he and Naruto at one point were almost lovers. Now things were different and society says they have to marry ones who can carry their offspring. Shikamaru was now a special case ever since Naruto bit him. The blonde was a rare hybrid, one capable of creating submissives to bear his children. Shikamaru's autonomy had changed, he could get pregnant meaning he had to be married off to a male.

It was partly the reason he wanted to talk to Naruto, the blonde probably had no idea. Surely he would speak up if he had done this to Shikamaru. He wanted to reach out and begged his parents to tell Naruto when the changes had taken place but the relationship between Shikaku, Yoshino, Minato, and Kushina was already in the dust as both sets of parents wanted to keep their child safe. He was frustrated and with only one year left to change things Shikamaru began to get reckless.

He wanted to do something that would draw the blonde's attention, something that would piss him off. He needed to seduce Sasuke. Well, that wasn't hard, Sasuke fucks any herbivore that so much as looked at him with interest. He knew Naruto's schedule and knew the blonde played basketball by himself after school hours. He met Sasuke in the stands, dressing in suggestive clothing with his hair down. It did the trick but Shikamaru was timing it perfectly and before Sasuke could start scenting him a basketball slammed the Uchiha in the face.

Naruto and Sasuke were rivals, bordering on killing each other but Naruto always had the advantage. Naruto was the tallest and most muscular of the carnivores while Sasuke was more lean and short. Hell Shikamaru could fight Sasuke and win if he wanted to. The blonde glared at the Uchiha, ignoring Shikamaru who tightened his fists. "Get lost," He growled, it echoed, and Sasuke who already had a bloody nose left quickly as Naruto's eyes turned red. Once he was gone Shikamaru heard Naruto snickering. "Herbivore slut," He muttered under his breath.

Shikamaru got down from the stands and into his face. "Can you look at me?!"

Naruto's claws pierced the ball and he slowly turned his head down to look down at Shikamaru. Back in their childhood days, they were always of the same height but now? Now Naruto dwarfed him and Shikamaru felt intimidated. "Sasuke? Are you that desperate?"

It was condescending, mocking his choices. The total arrogance of the blonde infuriated Shikamaru. "I wouldn't have to if you just man up and look at me! You changed me and you I refuse to acknowledge that!"

"I ignored you?" Naruto snapped as he leaned down. "You were the one who said you didn't want to see me! Your mother refused to update your condition and only told me to ignore you! That you hated me!"

Shikamaru recoiled at the words and it seemed Naruto realized what was happening now that he had seen Shikamaru's expression. "I wanted to see you. I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to tell you that I forgive you."

"Normal herbivores don't forgive that sort of thing Shikamaru," Naruto sighed deeply as he straightened up.

"Then I'm not normal. So what? I don't mind," His eyes had started watering. "My mother lied, I craved you for so many years and now we don't have a lot of time. In a year we're getting married to different people and I don't want that. I don't want to give birth to another man's child. You're the one who made it possible for me to have children, this is your right."

"What?" Naruto looked down at him with clear blue eyes.

"When you bit me you made me into your submissive and now I can't get you out of my mind," Shikamaru tore down his shirt to show his bite marks. "I don't care, I won't lie Naruto. You terrify me but the thought of not having you in my life is worse. I've been hoping, waiting that one day you would come to me. Tell me what happened after that day but you never did and now-" Shikamaru had broken down into tears as Naruto pulled him into his chest.

Naruto felt a sense of possessiveness the more Shikamaru spilled his soul to him. He knew he could create submissives but he never thought Shikamaru would be his. He was traumatized, so much to the fact, that he's never taken on romantic partners. He was scared he would bite into them and eat them whole. Shikamaru was his submissive, his mouth salivating at the thought of him breeding him. He picked Shikamaru up into his arms, the Nara wrapped his legs around him as Naruto scented his neck, in the same place he scented all those years ago. He opened his mouth and just like he expected the old marks were small, a reflection of the little boy he was back then. But now he was a man.

Shikamaru watched him, his chest rapidly moving in and out as Naruto stroked his back. "I want-"

He didn't have to finish as Shikamaru tilted his head to give him more access. "Please," Shikamaru was trembling as he felt Naruto's saliva drip on his neck. It was hot, searing so and he became blinded by the pain as Naruto tore into his neck. He bit down on his lips as the little boy now turned man tore into his neck, claiming him all over again. His eyes rolled over when Naruto pulled back with a bloody smile and red eyes. He had lost consciousness.

A/N-Can you tell I just rewatched Beastars?