Sparks Fly

Their agency had brought the two most popular artists together for a collaboration. Shikamaru however didn't realize he was being let in on a big secret. Everything about Naruto was true, everything. Except for the fact that this perky girl that had captured Japan's heart was a male who looked far too feminine. Extremely feminine. It made both Naruto and the agency money so they didn't mind. 

Besides Naruto wasn't fake he was just misgendered on purpose. Shikamaru was stunned especially when Naruto was flirting with him the entire meeting, he would be lying if he said he wasn't enraptured by his crimson hair and starlight blue eyes. His outfit wasn't anything to scoff at, the blonde even had a thick chest that could pass off for breasts. He was truly well put together to be a female. It was like God was making a knockout redhead but made a mistake due to distraction to make this girl into a boy.

He said it out loud and it had Naruto giggling for days. He agreed with the statement as well but said he was thankful because he could earn money this way. They had 3 weeks to write a song to perform to the board of directors to be greenlit for being played at the summer festival. Shikamaru was then again surprised by Naruto's dedication to the craft. He had an overall impression of Naruto, he seemed like the type to let others do the work and Shikamaru had calculated this as he didn't want to fail this project. It was going to be a big way to get an international audience that often came to the summer festival.

So to see Naruto in the study in comfortable clothes and hair in a messy bun writing lyrics he was taken aback. "You should stop judging Shikamaru, it never does good to be so blatant with your thoughts," Naruto commented when their eyes met.

Shikamaru had a profound resting bitch face. He knew others couldn't read him but it seemed Naruto was a master of body language. He sighed and apologized but Naruto only giggled. "No need, you aren't the first."

That stung for reasons he couldn't fathom. They weren't friends, it shouldn't have injured his feelings but it did. For reasons. They decided to get to work and for hours they tried different things, played beats, and created a neat concept. Naruto had more knowledge in mixing music while Shikamaru was a master at words. They worked hand in hand and even they couldn't ignore that they worked well together. A knock at the door ruined the mood and a nervous trainee came to deliver lunch. Shikamaru was about to witness something about Naruto that would flip things yet again.

The trainee was stuttering and nervous as she handed out the meals. She kept cozying up to Shikamaru and Naruto's face went blank, his eyes turning dark with jealousy. He started chuckling with a nasty grin. Shikamaru was turning the girl's invitation for coffee down when Naruto struck. The girl screamed as Naruto tossed his hot chocolate into her face, Shikamaru was stunned but Naruto wasn't done yet. The crimson male jumped the girl, his permanent marker in hand as he began to scrawl on her face.

Shikamaru could see mocking words flowing from Naruto's hand. Slut. Bitch. Manwhore. All sorts of words are associated with the type of girl who likes taking men. But Shikamaru wasn't taken. At least he didn't think so, so why was Naruto behaving like this?

"Can't you see we were having a moment?" Naruto snarled. "Bitches like you make me sick!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

"You're sorry?" Naruto asked as a flash of madness entered his eyes. "You're sorry? You didn't seem sorry when you were flirting just two minutes ago. You weren't sorry when you pushed your chest to his. You didn't seem sorry when forcing him to have coffee. You think I'm blind!"

"Sorry, Naruto-sama!"

"You better be, he's mine and I'll end your career before it even starts!"

Shikamaru was left to stare in mute shock. He didn't know why but he liked what he saw. This new side to Naruto, the crimson male was most likely bipolar and he was all for it. He loved a violent type of love. "Naruto, it's fine. She doesn't mean anything."

"Of course, she doesn't."

Naruto got up from sitting on her chest and the girl crawled away quickly. Naruto didn't have to worry as his manager would silence the bitch. They got back to work only their relationship was changing rapidly.

Fast forward to the summer festival and Naruto was sitting in their shared dressing room eating chocolate. He was humming quietly to himself the melody of the song.

Naruto was naturally a punk-style type of popstar but his innocent physique made him a mix of angel and devil. His outfit for tonight was the female version while Shikamaru wore the male version.

During the performance to the board, Naruto sensed something from Shikamaru. A confirmation of their relationship but the Nara was too much of a pussy to approach. Naruto wasn't going to be the one to expose himself. But he felt the desire burning through his body and he guessed it was the right mood to be in. After all their song was about the heated nights in summer. The fleeting love and the rare appearance of sparks between two souls. He wondered what tonight would bring, he wanted an answer.

Shikamaru was on the same page, he loved this bipolar bitch. He had almost kissed Naruto there and then in the board room, he was so close to reaching out and grabbing his small curvy waist and planting his lips on his mouth. That mouth that spat vile things when ready. Shikamaru could only chuckle at his attraction for the redhead, he was in a toxic relationship a year ago with a socialite dusty blonde named Temari who was a bit of a brute.

Naruto was the opposite in every way and Shikamaru liked that.

The time came for the performance and Naruto and Shikamaru were both in sync. Naruto's bratty attitude and Shikamaru's take no shit showed that they were the same. They didn't like to be pushed around. Then came the angelic part of Naruto with his soft notes and the way he played with his hair to show he was in love. Shikamaru's persona for his rap was open and vulnerable but still on guard around this new love. Then Naruto became a bitch in the last off, pushing Shikamaru to admit his love for him and Shikamaru gave in, unable to resist the persona Naruto held. Their actions mirrored the song and fans were going wild as their favorite artists were close together as they sang the final lines, winding down into a sweet summer romance and Shikamaru did what he needed to.

He kissed Naruto.

Naruto's reaction on the big screen showed that he was surprised but he mellowed into it as the fireworks were set off around them to signal the end of their performance. His hands were clinging to Shikamaru's biceps when they pulled apart, Shikamaru's hands around his waist. They were both grinning.

"Took you long enough asshole."