Private Tutor

Shikadai stared with a tilted head at the male across the coffee shop who had his lips pursed in concentration with square black glasses on, dressed in a large pastel pink sweater and black ripped jeans. He could see the white Converse from his bouncing feet and wondered just what was he doing that required so much fidgeting. He took his eyes off the blonde male and went back to his homework which was difficult for once. He had skipped a few grades so he was finally hitting his limit on his genius tank.

He didn't want to step down from his current grade level, he refused! But his Dad and big brother were too busy to help him even though they wanted to. He sighed and continued to try and push through his homework as he waited for his father and brother to get off work and meet him here. Naruto sighed as he ran through a series of codes for a recent website he was building, it was frustrating really, run the code once and it worked. Try again the second time and it gives a fucking error. He deleted it in pure anger before starting all over again. He was running on coffee fumes at this point and needed to get at least the bones of the code working before adding more.

He ran his fingers through his long blonde hair to keep it from his face to get some sanity back. "I need a fucking break," He cursed under his breath as he finally gave up for the day. He packed up his things and headed to the counter to get another cup to go when he glanced over at a kid looking like he was ready to throw a fit. He looked down at his work and frowned a bit. "Skipped a couple of grades?" He blurted out before he could catch up with his mouth.

Shikadai's head snapped up and his eyes widened at the beauty before him. It was a boy obviously but he was extremely beautiful. "Oh yeah?"

Naruto chuckled and sat at his booth right beside him. "Need any help? It's been a while since I did any high school level math."

"You'd really do that?" He asked looking away. "It's embarrassing."

"Nah, just the fact you skipped a few levels is impressive enough. I was barely passing in my classes and was on the verge of flunking out but my godmother was principal so that didn't happen," Naruto said with a big grin.

"Alright, I'll show you, my name's Shikadai."

"Naruto, nice to meet you kid."

So the two started their journey in high school level math and found out they could have some fun on the way. Naruto started a tab for Shikadai and for every problem he got right he got sweets. Shikadai was being more motivated by the blonde's encouraging words than sweets. He didn't want to disappoint him despite not knowing who the blonde was as a person. They had gotten through many plates of cake on Naruto's dime before Shikaku and Shikamaru came through the cafe looking for their third link.

When they saw him chatting up to this blonde beauty they paused just watching the interaction. Naruto called over the waitress and placed another order for cakes. Shikadai at that moment looked over to the door and saw them. He brightened and tugged on the blonde's pastel sweater and point over to them. The blonde paled a bit at the sight of them and looked at them sheepishly with a slight wave. "Seems Shikadai found us something pretty again for us to share," Shikamaru said with a smirk. Shikaku slapped him over the head at the comment but he was wearing a smile as well.

"I'll admit he is cute, like a groomed puppy," Shikaku murmured before they headed over to the booth as the waitress was clearing away several plates to place down a fat chunk of chocolate cake on two plates.

"I'm so sorry, I probably look like a creep sitting here with your child and feeding him a cake," Naruto said with a terrified look on the face. "I wanted to actually dip before you came but Shikadai was making such progress that I couldn't leave."

'Creep? Have you seen yourself?' The elder Naras thought in unison. 'Leave, you're not leaving now.'

"Naruto-san I told you already that they're fine with this, we're a pretty chill family," Shikadai said trying to stop the flustered blonde from slandering himself. "This is my dad Shikaku and my older brother Shikamaru."