Goth Girl

Requested by: Rika-Zumi

Shikamaru liked observing, one of the best vantage points to observe from is by being an outsider. You see the friendship dynamics, the secrets they hide from each other, the lies they tell for the sake of being normal, and even their nasty habits. No one thinks she's watching, they think she's so far out of the loop. In all honesty, it was just funny to watch them think she's affected. She would never want to be friends with anybody. Friendships were fickle and draining. Even in her childhood her friends then aren't her friends now even though they all went to the same school.

She became that weird goth girl, they couldn't hang out with for fear of rejection from others. If they couldn't be her friend now when the pressure was on then she didn't want them. 'Ino and Choji have always followed the crowd. Unfortunately, growing pains resulted in them thinking my leadership of our three-way friendship wasn't good enough to withstand high school.'

She didn't resent them, she wished them well playing in the muck that was high school. Shikamaru preferred cleanness. High School was trying to find yourself but Shikamaru already knew herself. It was just bidding time until graduation. Why form connections if you'll never see each other again? Why subject yourself to fake friendships that depend on money, power, or beauty? She couldn't see the benefit but then again she's never been normal. She was glad her parents accepted her changes with open arms.

Her confidence couldn't be shaken.

At least she thought it couldn't.

Developing a crush wasn't in the cards but she noticed someone like her. Someone who didn't get involved in the high school muck. Many would think he was involved but it's a mask, he keeps them at arm's length. Even her, the observer didn't have much on him which was what first drew her attention. He talked to everyone, and he was popular but nobody could tell his likes and dislikes. Everyone got the surface of him. He likes the color orange, and his favorite food is ramen, plays popular video games, good at school. And that's where it ends.

It was the curiosity that got Shikamaru interested. He was pleasing to the eye as well so it helped keep her interested. He seemed to disappear after school and appear the next day like clockwork. He was almost always in a crowd, smiling like a fool but Shikamaru caught glimpses of him when he was alone. His blank expressions and his seemingly non-caring gaze watched others from a distance. She giggled a bit whenever their paths crossed, his gaze on her made her blush. It wasn't non-caring but it wasn't friendly either.

He watched her when others had already filtered her out of their gaze. She's overheard girls talking about his ideal type. Naruto likes those with short hair, pixie cuts, and bobs. He likes them short, with pastel outfits, light or no makeup and she better has a manicure. He likes when they talk soft, shy ones that are easy to blush, the one that clings in public, that babydoll image. The girl next door.

If she was a fool she would probably believe it. Rumors, that's all it is. Speculation, lies and misinformation all wrapped into one. Maybe there was a fact in it all but when it's coated in shit it's kinda hard to stomach. Regardless she had a crush on him and with admitting that to herself she threw out the rumors of Naruto and focused on the facts, facts that came from the blonde's mouth. If Naruto didn't say it she discarded it. No need to clog her ears with rubbish.

So why is it she couldn't get any more information? Well, she wasn't the person closest to Naruto and even the closest had trouble breaking into the blonde's walls. Everyone was at arm's length and the blonde played it so well no one could notice it. Couldn't notice that when saying Naruto was your best friend it wasn't true. You don't know him like how other best friends knew each other. Forget about her getting information his own friends lacked severe and critical information. Could they even be called friends? Acquaintances were more like it.

She decided the steel her nerves and went to that secret spot Naruto hid in when he lied about ditching school because he felt like it. At the back of the school was a forest, it was often the location of parties but now it was peaceful and quiet. Shikamaru followed the worn path before branching off onto the left and soon she found him. He was playing games on his phone.

She didn't hide this time, she walked right up to him. Naruto paused his game when he saw black platform boots, dark purple socks to the knees, lace stockings, pale thick thighs, and a pleated skirt blowing in the slight wind. If Shikamaru was any closer, Naruto would be able to see up her skirt. His gaze kept climbing to see Shikamaru in a black button-up with the first few buttons undone, her breasts straining against the fabric.

She had a purple choker, her lips were painted matte black with a light dust of makeup, her hair was in a messy bun, and bangs framed her face. He licked his lips a sight that didn't escape Shikamaru's gaze. "What type of girls do you like?" She asked, her voice didn't come out right. It was shaky, that gaze was hot on her body.

"You're the first to ask me," He chuckled.

"You aren't exactly the open type," Shikamaru murmured. "To everyone else, you're playing in the same muck they are but that's not the case. Everyone's arm's length, they only know the surface of Naruto. The things you say may seem like you're telling people about you but you're feeding them just enough so they don't go digging. High Schoolers are shallow, they don't care about their friends."

"You're either confident or insecure. Seeking validation or giving it. It's all a contest to show we're the best or being the worst. Because if we can't show we're the best then we might as well be the worst person. Social hierarchy is a shifting plane within high school and you can either choose to be at the top or the bottom. Of course, both positions allow the vantage point to see the struggle they choose not to indulge in. I am at the top and you are at the bottom but we can see the same things," Naruto finished a smile gracing his features.

Shikamaru smiles, Naruto is getting more interesting by the minute.

"I like girls who choose to stay on the outside. Girls who wear mostly black, platform boots that shine, lace stockings, or fishnets. Never torn, torn stockings annoy me. Ombre lipstick that starts with a black base. Skirts that sit on their thighs or baggy low-waist jeans. Girls who wear a blank face but feel emotions intensely when faced with situations. I like girls who strut wherever they go, they aren't afraid of showing affection in public. I like them possessive leaving your lipstick mark on my face," Naruto listed as he wrapped his arms around Shikamaru's waist.

"Girls who are pale, thick thighs and big breasts. Long necks and slender shoulders with good posture. Hairless in the right places and fresh coffin nails. She has to have a soft voice, is shorter than me, and is willing to wear some pastel pieces but not often. She wears dresses that are like a second skin. She's intelligent, curious, and isn't afraid to step on toes to get her point across," Naruto smiled down at her as he leaned in close to her blushing face. "She's the observant type, who notices that I watch her just as much as she watches me."

"You don't have to spell it out," She couldn't look away, Naruto smiled and kissed her forehead. "It's reciprocated."

"Of course it is," Naruto chuckled and pulled away a bit as Shikamaru reached up to hold his cheeks, her matte purple coffin nails made his smile stretch. "Your gaze is quite piercing but I liked it."

"You just like the big titty goth girl," Shikamaru muttered.

"I don't know, orange and black complement each other," Naruto hugged her tightly. "Come on, be with me."

"I came here expecting rejection," Shikamaru admitted as she got drowned in Naruto's cologne. "But I ended up with a boyfriend."

"I was contemplating approaching you but whenever I tried you would disappear," Naruto played with her bangs as he pulled back. "You certainly know how to exit a situation."

"I don't play in the muck," She rolled her eyes.

"Where to?" Naruto asked, his voice tinged with excitement.

Shikamaru paused for a moment, her gaze scanning the horizon as if searching for answers in the shifting shadows. Then, with a sly smile, she whispered, "Milkshakes." 

A/N- One of my story ideas that went nowhere because this is literally a oneshot I wrote when I saw a big titty goth girl at the mall!