Second Life

Sometimes Naruto wondered why the hell he looked underneath the masks people wore. It never ended up being anything good, with more flaws and maybe a twisted sense of reality. And the irony of the situation was that this was what was calculated as troublesome in his boyfriend's terms but his boyfriend was the center of it. It made him want to smash his head on the pavement for keeping this secret.

'How could you when I've shown you everything in my life? I allowed you in and yet because of your lack of keeping me up to date I'm in this fucking situation.' Naruto thought as his eyes narrowed, it made the men who were guarding him flinch.

Being chained to the wall wasn't pleasant, didn't help that he lacked certain clothing in performance to the sick bastard's need to see him in thigh-high socks and a mini-school skirt. His top was left slightly open to showcase his nipples and his once ponytailed hair was loose around his shoulders and was starting to clump at the ends. It was going to cause major breakage when it came time to wash and comb it out.

Thanks to the lovely, sick, perverted boss of this entire operation Naruto knew why he was here. He's bait. A fucking steak on a hook to lore a fucking shark named 'Shikamaru'. Naruto had only one thought running through his head. 'How am I going to stab him 16 different ways without killing his arse.' He was so blanked out he was rustled from his thoughts by leathery hands grasping his thighs. He lifted his head to stare at the perverted bastard who dared to touch him. He cleared his throat and spat in his face, he got backhanded for it but at least the man wasn't touching him anymore.

"Your little boyfriend swindled us and you dare to spit in my face!" Naruto rolled his eyes at the man and his goons.

"Listen, buddy, I don't know what you're talking about and frankly I don't give a fuck. My Shikamaru wronged you because you opened yourself to the attack now fuck off and let me dangle in peace." Naruto snapped with an audible click of his teeth. The man was seething as he stomped out of the damp cellar. "Shikamaru, I swear to Kami-sama I will hack your leg off. "

***********

Shikamaru paced back and forth in his family home as his father made the calls to rescue the blond lover who was bound to kill him. Ironically the reason he never told Naruto was that he didn't want the blonde to be dragged in but he was dragged in clueless. Knowing the man he won in a gambling game, he would've told Naruto everything. Frankly, he wasn't afraid of the man whom he had drained of financial stability, he was afraid of his lover. Naruto was a sweetheart, really is but that male could snap in the worst ways and if you ended up on the wrong side just wish for your death, then and there.

"Shikamaru your trembling, Naruto's going to be okay," His mother tried to reassure him.

"I'm not worried about Naruto, I'm worried about what he's going to do to me." Shikamaru shivered at the thought of Naruto glaring at him and it was then that he knew Nara chose the most dangerous people to love.

"Okay Naruto will be here within two hours, our men are storming the area," Shikaku called lazily as he yawned from around the multiple monitors on the screen. This was their livelihood in a nutshell.

Gambling.

It was all a number game to Shikaku growing up and Shikamaru had inherited the trait as well. Shikaku's never worked a day in his life, only going in-person to casinos to upstage his friends who were corporate workers. Shikamaru was still fresh but his reputation was building, when he wasn't in school he was honing his skills in shady bars and mafia hideouts. He had gained his reputation and one unhappy low-class mafia kingpin saw fit to be petty about his loss and fuck with them.

It wouldn't go down that way however, Shikaku was a dangerous man and his son was a dangerous teenager. They didn't even fuck normal people. Yoshino despite her charming outer shell was a hardened boxer who could knock your teeth out. Plus she had a love for knives and could throw them with deadly accuracy. Naruto was cute but he was not all up there in his head plus he knew how to paralyze a person and snap their bones in ways that made it impossible to structure it back together. Dangerous people for dangerous people.

"I think I'm going to barricade myself in the bunker and wait out the thunderstorm coming," Shikamaru said despite sitting down on the sofa while folding his arms.

"I told you to tell him, you know Naruto wouldn't have cared," Shikaku spun around in his chair to face his son. "Don't fuck up, I like the boy."

"Give me a damn break, as if I'd ever let Naruto out of my grasp."

"Oh, I don't know I might kill you first."

Shikamaru turned to the voice to see his boyfriend being walked in with other members of his family. "Naruto," Shikamaru got up hugged him, and sighed in relief. Naruto's face was marred with a bruise and Shikamaru felt his heart sink in his chest. "I'm so sorry," Shikamaru cupped his face gently and caressed his cheek.

"Not here," Naruto murmured as his eyes turned glassy, Shikamaru didn't hesitate to pick him up and carry him off. Once they were in the safety of Shikamaru's room Naruto cry. Shikamaru held him as he felt his own heart crack at the loud sobs that were muffled and staining his clothing. "You fucking idiot!"

"I'm so sorry Naruto, you should've never been there in the first place,"

"Do you know how scared I was! Did you know he had plans?" Naruto retched and ran into the bathroom to empty his stomach, it was then Shikamaru saw his clothing. Dressed up in a school uniform, probably to fulfill his sick fantasies. "If your men hadn't gotten there in time I was bound for rape! Shikamaru why the fuck didn't you tell me about this." Naruto's fist collided with his chest and despite the height difference, Naruto had strength.

He shoved the Nara back and Shikamaru fell over his feet and dropped on his ass. "You fucking bastard, I was so scared and I had to play it off so my anxiety didn't make me fucking croak! All I ever asked in this relationship was for you to be honest with me and guess what you damn hogwash, you fucking weren't!" Naruto sobbed as he held his head back to weep. Shikamaru pulled him down into his chest as the blonde scratched at him, his face on his back and he could feel the welts forming but that was the least Naruto was crying and a crying lover wasn't something he wanted.

"I'll make it up to you Naruto, we'll get through this."

Naruto shook his head but Shikamaru shushed him with a kiss. Naruto fought against him but he couldn't resist even though he very much wanted to. "I'll kill you in your sleep," Naruto murmured as his personality snapped. Shikamaru shivered but he smiled all the same. "Don't fuck with me Nara, don't you ever blindsight me again."

"I never will again Naruto."

Naruto smirked and kissed him. "Good boy."