Ambassadors

"I can't believe Tsunade and Gaara agreed to this," Temari muttered under her breath as she paced the conference hall. They were in the Land of Iron waiting for the Ambassador from The Village Hidden in the Clouds. Apparently, he was the youngest brother of the Raikage so he was bound to be imposing.

Shikamaru was gathering the necessary documents that needed to be signed by all three of them since they were now going to be entering a three-way partnership of peace. Kumo of all places is going to be a strong asset and it was something Shikamaru couldn't ignore. It would be beneficial for both the Leaf and the Sand and he suspected that's why Tsunade pressed the issue so sternly. She had been sober!

"You have to admit, now that the Akatsuki is on the move and your brother no longer a Jinchuriki a village with the strength and power of Kumo is someone we need backing us up. Three Tailed Beast in one village is nothing to scoff at and judging from all the intel we've been getting the Akatsuki have tried and failed," Shikamaru pointed out.

Temari gave him a scorching glare but bit her tongue and nodded. Before they could speak more a knock came at the door, followed by the seals lighting up before fading. It was the code they had in place to verify that the person who was entering was their new partner. In stepped a bored-looking blonde who was towering in height, he had to slightly bend down to step in. His muscles made the impression that he does do heavy lifting, tanned skin a treat of the Raikage's family and extended relatives. Golden blonde hair and azure eyes that have an air of maturity.

He closed the door behind him and analyzed them. Naruto's inner conscious acknowledge the Nara Clan Heir than the Dessert Rose of the Sand. "Apologies for my slight tardiness, my siblings are wary of me being out of the village." He took his seat across from them and rested the claymore sword he carried beside him. "Naruto Narui Uzumaki, for the sake of business interactions I ask that you address me by the name my father granted me which is Narui."

"I think we can handle that also with the recent Akatsuki raids happening to the Tailed Beasts I don't doubt your siblings and father are worried," Shikamaru started as Temari eyed the blonde with a distrustful look.

"I think they pity the Akatsuki, poor souls won't know what they awakened when they cross my path, but enough about ongoing situations. We are here to set things in place so that I may be the bridge you use to my village."

Naruto activated a seal on his forearm and a scroll popped out which he then unsealed. "This is the official contract with the terms and conditions of our agreement that our Kages were discussing. Please peruse at your interest."

He laid it forward for them.

"I would think being the youngest makes you brash but surprisingly you're quite the calm person," Temari commented as she read through the scroll.

"I am merely the brain behind Kumo, my brothers are the ones who enjoy the field. I rather sit and read or play shogi should I find the old man who taught me at his home," Naruto said as he read over their official proposal.

Shikamaru perked up at the mention of his clan's signature board game. Temari acknowledges this as well but seeing as Naruto didn't elaborate they left it be. Once both documents were read, it was stamped with their village's official seal. Afterburn testing them they were resealed and Naruto was then brought into the loop on what they had on the Akatsuki.

************

"We'll meet back in the morning to continue," Temari said as she walked back to her room. Shikamaru and Naruto watched her go and before Shikamaru could get a word in about leaving to his room as well Naruto took his hand.

"You stare a lot for someone who claims he has no interest in the world," Naruto looked down at him and Shikamaru flushed. "What do you see in me?"

Naruto took the other to his hotel room and locked the doors. Naruto removed the gear he wore and left himself open for Shikamaru in just his plain white top and Anbu pants. "I see someone who doesn't bat an eye at the cost of wanting something. Your gaze is predatory, like the damn fox you host."