Yes

"No,"

"Please Naruto," Shikaku begged as he caged the blonde between his arms. Naruto looked nonplussed as he watched the teen go through the motions of being rejected.

"I see you haven't got a lick of what the real world is like. Come now Shikaku we have a class to get to," Naruto gave him a reassuring glance as he stepped under the alpha's arms to head out.

"Why are you doing this to me, your such a fucking tease," Shikaku mumbled as he trailed behind the blonde who was grinning. "Just date me already I know you want to."

"No, I don't, it is however amusing to see you try to convince me though. Keep it up I might just say yes one day," Naruto gave a flirty wave as he rushed down to his seat at the back of the class. Shikaku groaned as he stood in the doorway watching the little vixen swiss his tail.

Okay, okay he had to admit chasing Naruto's tail was trilling. He's constantly given false hope but he knows that he will wear the blonde down one day, it wasn't now but he could feel it.

***

"No, and gross," Naruto scrunched his nose up as Shikaku sprawled out on his lap. Should anyone walk in it would appear that Shikaku was getting ready to eat his pussy. Naruto had somehow been convinced to come to the other's house for the night. In hindsight, he has no interest in self-preservation. An unmated omega and an equally unmated alpha spend the night together. Oh, how the elderly wail.

"It'll feel good I promise, I bet you're wearing some variation of your lacey black panties," Shikaku opened his legs and Naruto planted his foot in his face. He was wearing a variation of his lace black panties and just the fact that Shikaku was close enough to know that made Naruto happy and creeped out.

"You're a fucking pervert, I bet you say that to every little omega that grabs your interest," Naruto snarked.

"No, I usually don't make note of their underwear, sometimes they weren't wearing any. You're the only one," Shikaku mumbled as he grabbed the blonde's ankle and leaned down to plant his face in his cunt. Naruto growled in annoyance. "You're special Naruto, really special."

"Get your face out of my pussy Shikaku, you're a creep."

"You say that but you could leave at any point yet you stay," Shikaku stood up and pushed his face so they were an inch apart. Naruto could faintly smell mint, the scent associated with his cunt on Shikaku, and his eyes lidded. "Just date me already, I'm not joking. You aren't a fling, I want to sink my teeth into your gland."

Just as their lips brushed Naruto smirked. "No."

*********

Naruto watched the building clear out slowly from his assigned seat. It was over, graduation was over. High School was over, and his banters with Shikaku were over. He never really dwelled that one day would come when Shikaku wasn't rushing down the halls to greet him as soon as he stepped through the doors. He rejected the alpha so many times but there were times he wanted to say yes. To date him but he couldn't trust the other that much with that part of his heart.

He was a wonderful friend but Naruto had witnessed his reputation firsthand. He was callous with omegas he dumped, and didn't have a fuss about outing their sexual performance either. Though Naruto was known as an aloof omega he was very much self-conscious. He knew he couldn't handle it if Shikaku ever treated him like another one of the many omegas he tossed aside. This is why he stayed a close friend, his best friend even.

The door opened and Naruto didn't have to look over before he felt Shikaku kneel at his side, placing his head in his lap. "Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

Naruto winced at the raw pain he heard in those words.

"How could I darling you would've stopped me," Naruto looked down at him and made note of the dry tear marks on his face. "I'm so sorry baby."

"I'm coming with you, you aren't getting away from me," Shikaku fiercely promised. Naruto smiled sadly at him before he leaned down.

"Ask me again."

"Will you go out with me?"

Naruto kissed him softly, he was certain this was the last time he would see Shikaku. The Nara had scholarships in Tokyo, he wouldn't throw them away for following Naruto to America. He wasn't that delusional. "No."

*********

Everyone was watching them as Naruto had to crouch down to hide his face as he cried. Shikaku was standing right in front of his University with a large bouquet of roses and a ring box. To make it all more real, Shikaku was wearing the University's jersey. He had given up his Tokyo scholarships to come to America.

"You're insane!" Naruto yelled through his tears as he stood up on shaky legs, Shikaku only unboxed the ring, a beautiful diamond shone in the sun. "Shikaku we aren't even dating yet you're proposing."

"Oh this thing is my first gift to you, I told you I was coming with you. No matter the distance, I love you Naruto. So please will you go out with me?" Shikaku had started crying too and Naruto knew this was it. This was his ultimate declaration, giving up the free passes he got to risk it all on a whim. A gamble that traveling across the globe, paying his way into Naruto's choice of University, and showing up on the first day with roses and a ring in hopes of hearing a single word.

"Yes!"

It took a while for it to register in Shikaku's brain as it short-circuited. By then Naruto had launched himself at the alpha who caught him easily. "Yes?"

"Yes you jackass, I'll date you," Naruto murmured in his ear as he couldn't stop his sobs. "I love you too, I was just scared."

"Scared of what baby?"

"I didn't want to be another one of your omegas, god Shikaku I'm fucking scared," Naruto whispered in his ear.

"You don't need to be I am your alpha you are my omega, I'm marrying you after University if you'll have me," Shikaku responded as he tightened his hold on the blonde.

"Yes, oh god yes."

*********

Shikaku watched Shikamaru blow raspberries at Naruto who was blowing them right back. They kept breaking to giggle at each other while Naruto fed him pieces of a large pretzel Shikamaru wanted. He headed over to them and placed down the family-sized Ice cream sundae when they blew raspberries at him. He laughed at them before blowing one back. This was their little bubble, it had taken a lot to get to this stage and Shikaku didn't regret it.

His behavior had scared his lovely omega but that one act of declaration made it possible for them to be here together now. When Naruto said he was pregnant Shikaku was through the roof with excitement, Naruto commented it was the most active he'd seen him outside the bedroom. They got the big bed and started nesting a lot more. He was there at his omega's side day and night no matter how ridiculous his request was Shikaku got it done.

"Can I have a winter melon dipped in chocolate?" Naruto had asked one night while they lay snuggled into each other. Shikaku sighed and whined. "Come on Shikamaru and I are hungry."

Yes, they had the name ready and waiting and Naruto used it to get anything he wanted when he knew it was ludicrous to ask for it. Shikaku huffed but got up and grabbed his car keys. He checked the time seeing it was three in the morning before heading out. When he came back Naruto was sitting on the porch waiting for him covered in a heavy blanket while nodding off.

"Are you insane you're about ready to bust you don't need a fever on top of it," Shikaku scolded as he scooped up his sleepy baby.

"Shikamaru and I got lonely, we're sorry for making you go out," Naruto mumbled as he dug around in the bag to pull one of the chocolate bars out to eat.

"It's okay baby, you two are my world."

He snapped out of his memories as a small hand caked in chocolate ice cream smeared his cheek. Shikamaru had been allowed on the table to mess with him by Naruto who was grinning behind his hand. He gave them both a warm smile and Naruto shot one back.