A Sensei, A Student

"Your outfit looks cute today."

Naruto paused midway as he was in the middle of a rant. No one had ever called his outfits cute, they just ridiculed him for dressing like a girl and calling him a faggot. That was the main reason he was here in the first place. Shikamaru looked at him with that plain face he always had whenever he did anything. Naruto liked his face, his handsome plain expression face. "Thanks, I plan them out a week in advance," He mumbled as a blush overtook his face, Mr. Nara nodded.

"And have an insane amount of lipgloss to match them to," Naruto found himself saying as he tried to bury himself. His sensei only smiled at him.

"Oh, I see," Shikamaru murmured. There was a slight pause as the two stared at each other, Naruto forgetting what he had come here for in the first place. "I'll handle the situation."

"Huh?" Naruto tilted his head in confusion, Shikamaru's smile only got wider at the blonde's hair following his head movement.

"The bullies, I'll handle it. They won't be making any more nasty comments and gestures," Shikamaru elaborated. Naruto felt his chest swell with love for the man in front of him and he ultimately swallowed it. Shikamaru Nara was his fucking teacher, his sensei, and his mentor.

"Thank you, Mr. Nara," Naruto managed to choke out while not sounding sappy. Shikamaru gave him a chuckle and a genuine smile. "I've been in your situation before when it comes to these types of bullying. They're just kids who haven't matured as you have yet. So rest assured."

Naruto nodded but he felt like a clue had just been slipped to him. Does he sympathize with Naruto's situation? Was he bullied back when he was a teen for being gay? And then Naruto realized Shikamaru had complimented him. Naruto could barely decide which cup of ramen he wanted to have for dinner but this sensei was calling him mature? Naruto wanted to be a mess of giggles. "Thanks, most teachers would tell me to ignore it. I'm glad my favorite sensei doesn't seem to be this type."

Shikamaru could see Naruto's pink cheeks and he wanted to protect that smile. "Don't worry anymore."

"What will happen to them

Shikamaru-sensei?"

Shikamaru only smirked in response.

It was a thunderstorm that day and the boys who had dared to bully Naruto had to stand out there for all of it, students laughed at them for being idiots and teachers wrote them up for missing class. Naruto watched from Shikamaru's office in awe. He had never thought his sensei would go this far to defend him but he was happy they were getting their just desserts. Shikamaru who was standing under an umbrella looked up to see Naruto's face pressed to the cold glass.

"Next time you think about bullying students for being different then you better be ready to face the consequences. Nobody likes assholes, losers who have nothing better to do. Colleges would turn you away and then you end up on the streets homeless. Be careful, karma bites people when they least expect it," Shikamaru said in a slow and dangerous tone.

Naruto thanked Shikamaru when he came back inside. He had hope that his days would be peaceful now that he had an ally. As he praised his Sensei he noticed how Shikamaru seemed tense and Naruto worried that maybe the other man had gotten in trouble. That wasn't the case, however. Shikamaru was just reminded that no one had come forward to defend him back when he was in high school so he felt a justice boner for doing it for such a cute boy as Naruto.

"Are you okay Sensei?" Naruto asked in concern as the other didn't seem to be all there in the head.

"I'm fine Naruto, just glad I could protect one of my favorite students."