Fallen Mask

Naruto took a long drink from the wine bottle as his sons watched him. Their father had called them in a panic, saying their mother had gone off his rockers. Of course, they rushed over only to see their usually well-placed together mother, broken and bloody. Of course, it wasn't his blood, oh no, it was their father's.

"What did you do?" Shikadai asked as he tried approaching but Naruto gave him a glare. He froze in place as Naruto brandished a knife. "You're crazy."

"Oh, I'm crazy?!" Naruto laughed in his face; his red lipstick was messy as he got up from Shikaku's corpse. "Sit down."

Shikamaru eyed his mother before taking a cautious seat he pulled his brother down as well. "Mom isn't crazy, he's just had enough."

Naruto giggled as he sat across from his sons. Naruto over the years was quite beautiful. He wore a charming smile, despite the blood on his body.

"Enough is enough, I'm tired and you're all grown so I didn't see anything wrong with this," Naruto explained as he pushed his wild blonde hair back

"Enough is enough, I'm tired and you're all grown so I didn't see anything wrong with this," Naruto explained as he pushed his wild blonde hair back. His blue eyes glowed unnaturally. "You're all safe now, so I don't have to endure this abuse anymore. He tried to put his hands on me. Can you believe it? He wanted to put his hands on my body, on my fucking face when you two were already out of the house. I don't have to deal with it, I don't have to be silent anymore. So, I killed him."

Shikamaru always knew his parents weren't the perfect couple, he could remember flashes of his childhood where he would cling to his mother's dress as they argued. But he didn't think it was that bad. Slowly as he grew up, he didn't notice any more tension. They seemed so lovely Dovey as he watched them interact. He looked up as he heard a pop from a wine bottle. Now seeing his mother so haggard but still beautiful made his heartbeat heavily in an unnatural way.

"Shikadai dear I'm sorry," Naruto apologized as he wiped his lips. "Same for you Shikamaru, I've left the burden of the company in your hands."

"Why, what's the history between you and Dad?" Shikadai gulped nervously.

Naruto gave a small smile. "We were happy once you know. I was fresh out of the orphanage and your father was already in his early thirties. I was naive, I fell into his trap because he was stable. I wanted that, I rushed in without thinking. There was food on the table, he spoiled me rotten and the clothes and massive home trapped me. He was dangling the prize."

"Look at me, I'm exotic for a native Japanese person. He saw beauty and potential for the perfect trophy wife. I wanted to be stable so I married him when I turned 19. It all went downhill from there, luckily enough I had survival skills. I got an education, convincing him that a no-name orphan didn't look good on his arm even if I was beautiful. I did business, made a name for myself by branching out businesses but I was trapped. I screwed myself before I even got the chance to live a life of freedom."

"The sex was amazing though," Naruto commented suddenly and both his children gave him incredulous looks as Naruto stared at the corpse nearby. "I'm not lying, if you inherit anything from this piece of shit it better be the amazing fucking. His cock was so fucking huge, I'm surprised I didn't get any more children."

"I can't take any of this seriously," Shikadai chuckled while his older brother smiled.

"He was abusive both financially and verbally. When I had Shikamaru I wanted to leave but I couldn't. I was too much of a coward so I stayed. When Shikadai came, however, I packed my bags and walked out. It was the first time he had broken down crying, begging for me to come home but I was ready to raise you both with my own money. But then he came down with his team of lawyers threatening to take full custody if I didn't come home."

Naruto folded one leg over the other and leaned back on the plush white sofa. His eyes teared up as he looked at his boys. "I was nothing but the trophy wife, I didn't have a leg to stand on. He could steal you two away, label me as a bad omega, and put my small businesses out of business. So, I went back, he dared to be smug about it and that was the start of my mental depletion. He told him that one day I was gonna kill him if he ever stepped out of line with the boys around. He must've seen the crazy in my eyes because he acted like a decent husband and did his duties like a paid bitch."

"Today, however, with you guys out of the house he let his true self out. I warned him but he didn't listen and he paid for it. As I chased him around the house, I could hear him yelling for you guys to hurry up and come save him. I was laughing like a mad lad. I was so happy, the happiest I have ever been in my life aside from you two. I smiled as he struggled, the big bad alpha struggling under a determined omega."

Naruto's smile was demented and he got up slowly and stepped over his husband's body to head into the bathroom. Naruto closed the door and they heard the shower running. Shikamaru and Shikadai looked at each other before looking down at their father. They had to admit they were biased towards their mother.

Naruto was the one who made sure they were heard by their father. That they could go against the grain and do whatever they wanted to get their own success. He fought for their freedom and now they deeply regretted looking like their father. "I wonder how Mom could look us in the eye when we look like that shitbag," Shikamaru spat. "We only have Mom's eyes. It's such a waste."

Shikadai chuckled a bit before pulling out his phone. "I guess we should clean this mess up and get a story out of it. Seems we're young CEOs now."

"I guess, I'm glad Mom is now free. I do remember a time when they were fighting and Mom left for an apartment. It was only for a few days before we ended up back here. I always found it weird but now I know why," Shikamaru got up and took a swig from the bottle his mother was drinking from. When the bathroom door opened Naruto stepped out, clean and pristine. He was in a clean version of the black dress. He was smiling brightly and his hair was curled and in a ponytail.

This was their mother, this pristine omega that had a head on his shoulders. "Well, I guess we should get a cleaning crew and the press. Now tell me should I shed some tears or keep my eyes wet?"

"You stay inside, we'll deal with this. You've always been holding the burden, let us big strong alpha do it instead," Shikadai kissed his mother's forehead while Shikamaru pecked his cheek.

"It's our time to protect you, mom, let us do the heavy lifting," Shikamaru murmured.

Naruto smiled and thought to himself that he raised wonderful boys.