Date Gone Wrong(request)

Request from firestormbeast

Diego was taking Shira up to a snowy mountain in the night. The two cats were on a date and Diego had something that he thought Shira would like.

"How much longer? My paws are killing" Shira complained annoyed. But Diego just turned to look at her and smirked. " Patience kitty" he told her calmly with a hint of teasing. Shira groaned, annoyed by the nickname as the two continued up.

Diego climbed up and when he saw what he was looking for, he smiled, having a feeling Shira might like it. He turned his head around and saw her coming up.

"Ok we're here" he told her chilled out as the silver saber approached him from behind. "Finally. Now what is it that you dragged me up here to-" Shira asked annoyed but what she saw in front of her made her pause and her eyes widen in wonder.

In front of the saber was a large view of Hyrax Island from on top of the mountain with the dark blue sky, bedazzled with shimmering stars. Shira awed at it as her blue eyes scanned the view while Diego stared at her, smirking that he was right about her liking this.

"Wow. It's beautiful" she finally spoke as she smiled, her eyes full of curiosity. Diego looked down at the view, admitting in his head how beautiful it was. He looked at Shira and realized that she and the view had something in common. Beautiful. The stars shimmered like her bright blue eyes did. The soft gray clouds up in the night sky reminded him of her beautiful and soft silver fur. He smiled at her, finding her more beautiful than anything he can show her.

"Where did you find this?" She asked him curiously as she turned to look at him.  "Oh I was out hunting and I found this during the day. But I thought to show you better at night" Diego explained as the two cats lied down, marveling it.

"This is...amazing" Shira said amazed as Diego chuckled at her. "See? I told you it would be worth the walk" he told her proudly that he was right. Shira glared at him annoyed and punched his shoulder harder. "Ow!" Diego said as Shira smirked but the two cats noticed his voice echoed throughout the mountain, their ears perked up surprised.

"Huh. Great view and echoing" Shira brought up and a playful idea came up. "Echo!" She yelled out and her voice echoed too. She chuckled at it, finding this voice. She kept doing echoes, including one where she mimic squint. Diego chuckled at her, liking this playful side in her.

"Diego is a softie" Shira said, her voice echoing again but when she said that, Diego's ears perked up and he looked annoyed. "Shira" he said her name angrily and annoyed while Shira smirked at him amused.

"What? You don't mind me saying it you" she explained to him as he glared at her. "Yeah but you don't have to say it to whole island" Diego explained irritated, his ears flat. "Oh but I want everyone to know about us" Shira teased him playfully as she licked his nose, surprising him.

"Besides, I'm just playing around with the echoes" she told him chilled and Diego glared at her, deciding to take part in this little game. "You want echoes? Ok then" he told her serious. He stood up and Shira quickly realized what he was doing, her eyes widen alarmed.

"Diego wait!" She warned him urgently, standing up but...

"ROAR!" Too late. Diego roared, his roar shook the mountain and echoed through the island. He turned to Shira smirking, unaware of what was gonna happen next.

Suddenly, the ground beneath them started shaking beneath the paws, putting the cats on alert. Their ears perked at something from behind them and they turned and saw an avalanche of snow coming their way. "Great" Shira groaned annoyed as Diego stared at it wide eye, realizing too late his error as the two cats braced for the snow.

SLAM! The avalanche fell down from the mountain and to the ground. Shortly a while after, the two saber popped out of the snow, shaking bits of snow off their fur. Diego looked at Shira with worry "Shira are you ok?" He asked her concerned but she looked him annoyed and Diego knew what she was thinking.

"What do you think?" She asked him plainly and Diego looked down, knowing he messed up. He should've thought about how his roar could start an avalanche.

"Yeah heh heh. Sorry" he said sheepishly but was meant with snow thrown to his face from an angry mate. Shira got out of the snow and walked off as Diego brushed the snow off with his paw.

"You're an idiot sometimes. But you're also my idiot" she told him, the last part affectionately before she left and Diego blushed but smiled as he followed her.