Tackle meets Peaches

"Come on Julian! Woohoo!" Peaches told her mate excited as she swung from a tree with her trunk. "Hold up Peaches!" Julian called excited as he ran after her.

The two adventurous mammoths were visiting the Herd and couldn't wait to see their friends and family again...and unknown to them, they were about to meet the new addition of the Herd.

Peaches swung herself down a snowy hill and she slid down on it. "WOOHOO!" She yelled out excited, the wind rushing through her hair and fur.

Julian arrived at the hill where he could see Peaches but he also spotted something else. "Hey Peaches! Watch out!" He yelled out in alarm. "Huh?" Peaches said puzzled but when she looked ahead, her eyes widen and she gasped.

There was a small furry animal in her path. It was too far to tell what animal it was but it was small. Peaches tried to stop herself but the slope was icy and slippery and she couldn't stop so easily. "Move out of the way!" She called out to whoever was in front of her, even blowing her trunk out loud as a warning. She was getting really close to the animal and Peaches yelled out.

But in the last minute, a silver blur came out fast and grabbed the small animal in the blink of an eye and out of the way. "Whoooa!" Peaches yelled out and once she got off the ice, she got sent flying and hit the snow. Peaches groaned sore from the rough landing.

"Peaches?" She heard a familiar voice and she was upside down and she saw Diego in front of her, looking at her worried.

"Uncle Diego!" She said excited to see him again. She rolled over so she was back on her feet. "It's so good to see you again Diego" she told him and wrapped her trunk around him and pulled him into a hug. Diego nuzzled Peaches, purring, happy to see the young mammoth again.

"Good to see you too kid" he told her, smiling. "Hey hey Diego! My tiger brother!" Julian's exicted voice came up. He had found a way down and joined them. "Hey hey J man!" Diego said happy to see him and the two fist bumped.

"So Peaches? How was the travel?" He asked her "It was amazing. I have so many stories to tell you guys" she told him excited. Diego then smiled at her "That's good. And while you were away, we had a new member added to the Herd" he told her and Peaches noticed Shira coming to them, holding something in her mouth. She was the silver blur that saved the small animal and Peaches was about to meet this animal.

Peaches's eyes widen and she gasped at what she saw. She could not believe it. "Peaches. Meet our cub Tackle" Diego introduced her to the cub. Shira was holding Tackle by the scruff of his fur. The cub swatted his paws and let out a baby roar.

"Awww!" Peaches cooed at the cub, her heart melting at him. "He's so cute! He's got your eyes Shira" Peaches pointed out as Tackle smiled at her excited. Peaches put her trunk in front of the small cub and Tackle started swatting at it, determined to catch that trunk.

"Wow. Congratulations you too" Julian told the sabers as Shira put Tackle down. The cub got into a crouch position and grabbed onto Julian's tusk. "Whoa they don't call you Tackle for nothing. You got some sick pounce moves little T" Julian commented impressed as Tackle started biting his tusk.

"Tackle no. Julian is a friend. Not a chew toy" Diego scolded his cub as he grabbed Tackle by the scruff and removed him from Julian's tusk and set him back on the ground.

"Hey Tackle wanna see something?" Peaches asked him and the cub looked at her curious. Peaches latched her tail on a branch of a tree and hanged upside down. Tackle stared at her amazed and the cub smiled and then rolled over on his back, upside down, trying to copy Peaches.

Peaches giggled at the cub's cute attempt to copt her. Peaches got down from the tree and she brought her trunk to him and tickled his stomach. Tackle started swatting at the trunk, trying to catch it.

Shira came over to Peaches "You know Tackle has met all the Herd. Except you and Julian so you both came back at perfect timing" she commented as Peaches looked back at Tackle who was curled up in her trunk and playing with it. Peaches smiled, happy to meet her new saber cousin "yeah" she said happy.