Mother and Daughter in Law Bonding (request)

Request from @TienpatChangsnit. Amaya is my oc. Requests are still closed just until I get everyone's requests done thank you

"Here Amaya. You can rest here. My dad says it's ok for you and Raylan to live with my old pack" Shira informed the old saber, letting her lean on her for support. Her right paw was bandaged from a burn so Shira was relieved that her dad allowed Diego's parents to stay with them.

"Thank you Shira" Amaya told her gratefully as she sat down inside a den. The silver saber felt awkward with being with her mother in law. She wasn't sure what to do or say but she did want her to like her.

"So is there something you want me to do for you?" Shira asked her, and Amaya thought about it, her green eyes glanced down. They went back up to Shira when she knew what she wanted.

"Actually yes. Can you tell me how you met my son Diego?"

The question caught Shira off guard and she stared at her mother in law wide eye. "Oh you want to know about that. Well um let's just say we didn't get along at first" she said, smiling nervously at her. The striped saber wasn't even sure if she should've said that to Amaya.

But the elderess just chuckled at her. "I'm sure that happens to all of us. Raylan and I didn't quite start off well. I met him the first time in a hunt where he took my prey and I pinned him down to teach him a lesson" she explained, smiling amused at that memory. Shira stared at her surprised yet intrigued by that story.

"Well when we met, I was a pirate and I teased him a bit. He said he didn't fight girls which I found offensive so I pinned him down for it" she started and Amaya couldn't help but laugh at that. "Ah see? Not so bad you and I with our first time meeting our mates. And I can see Diego is like his father a bit" she added as Shira started to feel comfortable.

"Anyway. I got separated from the crew and wound up with the Herd. And your son...he was really understanding and kind. Even when I was his prisoner, he gave me water and we both realized we had more in common. He taught me in a Herd, you look out for eachother. So I helped him escaped and well I then became part of the Herd and the rest is history I guess" Shira explained, finishing her story.

"Sounds like you two had fun together" Amaya commented amused and chuckling. She then smiled warmly at her granddaughter. "I'm glad my son married you Shira. You've made him more happy the way I see it" she said gratefully. Shira stared at her, stunned to hear that. She had expected Amaya to start having mixed feelings about her once she heard the story.

Shira smiled at her mother in law, glad to see them getting along. And then a thought came up in her head that only Amaya could answer.

"Hey Amaya. What was Diego like as a cub?" She asked her curiously. Amaya chuckled at he daughter in law, finding it amusing how much younger cats were always curious. She rested her chin on her paws as she thought about that question.

"Oh he was a very eager and playful little cub. He would always get excited when his dad and I would come back from our hunts. Would run up to us and try to help us carry the prey back. Diego looked up to the both of us so when he was old enough to come to our hunts, he would pay close attention and practice it on small things like bugs or mice. He was quite an adorable ball of fluff" she explained, remembering fondly of the small little cat her son was several years ago.

"Huh he kinda sounds like Tackle a bit" Shira commented lying down next to the old saber. "I guess so. Although Diego has grown, I can still see some things in him that haven't change back when he was a cub. For starters, he didn't hesitate to show much he cared about me and his father. He's eager to learn and tries to be the best saber he can be. The way I see it, I think he already is. I'm glad to see him having his own family with you" she told her happily and warmly. Shira smiled fondly at Amaya, liking her company her as the two continued to share stories.