Soft Shira

Diego dragged his prey back to the den, he dropped it out of breath and exhausted. It was night time and Diego had been out of the den the whole day, trying to find food and he was exhausted. He placed the meal at the corner of the den and he walked slowly and sleepy "Can't wait to get to bed" he grumbled tiredly as he let out a roar like yawn, his ears down tired.

But then Diego's ears twitched up when they caught a sound, it sounded like little cooing sounds. Diego walked a little closer to hear to more clearly and the voice started to sound familiar "Shira?" He said surprisedto hear her voice "What is she doing?"

Diego left Shira to look after Tackle who was still small and feeding on his mom's milk. Once Diego got the center of the den where they sleep, what he saw surprised him that he just had to watch it. Shira had Tackle snuggled in her paws and she had the sweetest smile, giggling and cooing at her cub. "Aw look at you. So tiny" Tackle swatted his little paws at Shira, trying to touch her nose.

"Aw I don't I think I want you to grow up cause then you won't be cute anymore" Shira rubbed her nose in her cub's stomach and tickled him, her cub mewed and laughed and finally got his itty bitty paws on her pink nose. Shira and Tackle stared in eachother's eyes, the cub's eyes grew big in awe at the more bigger saber.

Shira was in awe too at having the most cutest and most adorable little furball ever. Her cub tried to climb up on her face, his paw was on her right eye so she had to close that one "Hey what am I? A climbing toy?" She asked irritated as she shook him off gently and he landed back in her paws.

Tackle wasn't hurt but he felt upset that his mom did that and his eyes watered. He started whimpering and Shira looked at him, her ears down in guilt, she didn't mean to upset her cub. Diego walked a little closer so Shira could easily spot him but she was too focused on her cub, Diego was curious on Shira might do.

Shira wasn't sure how she could cheer her cub up but she didn't want to make him sad. She lowered her head and slowly nuzzled her cub's small head with her nose, the soft fur touching her cub and soothing purr made Tackle stop whimpering.

Shira got surprised when her cub nuzzled back and tried to hug her nose with his paws. Shira felt her heart melt as she smiled at and slowly lied down on the ground, Tackle kept pawing at his mom's fur curiously and Shira laughed at how adorbale her son is "Oh yeah you are definitely the curious type aren't you?" Diego smiled at what he was seeing as he walked up to the two.

Tackle walked up to his mom's face and his eyes shined when they saw her earrings. He started swatting at the earrings like it was a toy and climbed on Shira's shoulder, Shira smirked as a sneaky idea came up and she moved her shoulder that Tackle slipped and slid down on his mom's neck, her soft fur made Tackle purr and he started nuzzling in it again.

His purring in Shira's neck tickled her as she wrapped her paw around her cub "Hey! Stop that tickles" Shira said trying to control her giggles. "Wow" Shira's ears twitched up and she gasped when she recognized that voice. She lifted her head up and saw Diego more closer to her.

"Diego?!" She said surprised but Tackle wasn't paying attention as he started to fall asleep on his mom's fur. She stared at Diego dumbfounded and embarrassed that he caught her, so much for the tough girl look.

"Um..." Shira had no idea what to say now that Diego caught her being all softie with their cub. Diego chuckled and lied down next to his mate while Shira stared at him, wondering what he was gonna say. "Relax I won't tell anyone. But if I had to be honest, looks like you kept an eye on Tackle really good. You even made him fall asleep"

Shira blushed from his compliment but she stared at him confused at the last part as she was about to stand up "no wait!" Diego whispered panic and Shira stood still "what? Why?" Diego motioned his eyes to Tackle and Shira saw her cub sleeping on her neck. Shira made a quiet "oh" realizing that if Diego hadn't stop her, Tackle could've gotten hurt.

"Hold still" Diego whispered to her as he grabbed their cub slowly by the scruff of his neck and placed him down in Shira's paws while Shira stood up watching her sleepy cub. "And you call me a softie" Shira glared at Diego as she punched his shoulder "ow" Shira smirked at him as she laid her head down.

"Hey Shira" "Yeah?" Diego layed his head next to Shira "I think if I recall you were the most nervous about being a mom" "and?" Shira stared at him confused on what he was gonna say "And so far you're doing great at being a mom" She looked at him surprised and blushed when he lickrd her nose, she smiled at him and looked at her cub, giving him a lick on the forehead before she and Diego went to bed.