Hunting Practice

"Third Person's POV"
Dusk time had arrived, Shira woke up stretching her lean body giving a quiet yawn. She blinked sleepily a few times before standing up and walking outside of the den to hunt only...she didn't notice that a brown furred saber wasn't by her side and out hunting too,she walked passed Scrat who instantly froze at her arrival but she had little interest in hunting small prey to the squirrel who sighed in relief

"Shira's POV"

That saber squirrel scattered while I kept searching for some prey,the thing is...I forgot how to hunt.Being a pirate,hunting wasn't much use and well I had to hunt small things my stomach was growling for hours and I need bigger prey...wait! I hear some rustling from the bushes hope it something big....only when I leaped it wasn't what I expected.

"Third Person's POV"

Shira leaped at her so thought "prey"but crashed into someone which caused both of them to fall on the ground,it was Diego he was out hunting and by mistake he thought Shira was prey"what was that?" Diego groaned standing up shaking his head until spotting a silver she saber underneath him"Shira?""Diego?"
"Diego's POV"

I couldn't look away my eyes were captivated into Shira's glimmering  sapphire eyes, her face was tinted with a small pink blush she turned away and I turned too my face heating up but a thought clicked in my head...what's she doing out here?"Wait what are you doing out here anyway?""oh um hunting.You?""same but my instincts tell me your hiding something" I stared at her suspiciously.
"Shira's POV"

My ears flatten against my head darting my eyes to avoid eye contact"Shira...""Ok ok!but you can't tell anyone" I glared at him struggling to get up but he had me pinned down to the ground tightly he nodded to me to ensure he keep it secret I sighed"I think I might've forgotten...how to hunt from being a pirate" his look turned surprise and I was ready to be teased...yet none of that came.
"Third Person's POV"

Shira felt Diego step off her leaving her to stare at him in curiosity"Then I'll teach you" she felt her cheeks heat up this wasn't what she expected"Are you coming or not?"Shira nodded and got up following the brown furred saber as he led the way into a forest path that would lead to his own hunting grounds,no prey had arrive yet since they don't come early but it was the right time to practice for Diego.
"Diego's POV"

I walked into the long grass motioning Shira to follow me she stepped inside and I had her crouch down on a soft patch of grass next to me"first try not to touch anything otherwise they'll know your here.I always clear the path before I move.It's much easier" I demonstrated to her,she moved in slowly stepping on a stick or knocking some rocks but it was close...this could be tricky
"Shira's POV"

Diego explained to me what angles I needed to hunt"If the wind's blowing east hunt east so your scent would trail away into the wind. If there  aren't any winds, cover your scent"in one quick flash he ran off so I can catch him I ran after him but stopped realizing this was part of the lesson...he wants me to find him I slowly moved cautious of my steps,my eyes darted to see where Softie went.
"Third Person's POV"

The she saber was careful but she knew finding Diego would be hard just like avoiding him catching her,she paused in her tracks hearing some running taking a sniff she caught her mate's scent"Gotcha"she whispered leaping up with a fierce roar landing on the target"Oof!" Diego hadn't expected that"how I do?""Not bad but mind not stepping me on the ground" the saber grunted at the force pinning him down,Shira smirked but inside she was grateful for his help.
"Diego's POV"

In just one day,Shira's hunting skills improved quickly impressing and surprising Diego.She learned to pounce,where to grab from and where to bite for the kill of course Diego wasn't the test subject for those parts but she proceeded to become an amateur hunter. Now came the part to catch live prey,some deer showed up and Diego wanted to see if all of Shira's training paid off.
"Diego's POV"

As morning came,I told Shira to try and hunt an elk,I would be right by her side incase anything happens "Alright if anything happens just call me" I told her both of us had our eyes on a huge elk nearby"Ok.One...two...Shira!"
"Third Person's POV"

A flash of white moving at the kill with speed and fierceness not letting Diego finish counting"Whoa whoa whoa!Shira wait!" He went after her as the silver she saber chased after the elk while the others scattered for safety,Diego tried catching up but a lot of running elks got in the way slowing him.He spotted Shira clinging onto the elk's back trying to get her off he ran after her as they both vanish in the grass
"Diego's POV"

"Shira!Shira!" I frantically looked around breathing heavy hunting has it's risks and I would never forgive myself if she's hurt or worse.My ears perked up at hearing an aggressive roar not far from me,I ran towards the left and found her"Shira!""Oh!Diego hey it wasn't easy but I caught it" I stared in astonishment at the elk lifeless she smiled triumphantly"Great job looks like you got us breakfast""Yeah I had a great mentor"
"Shira's POV"

He stared at me surprised"But you still have some learning for now let's eat"he sits next to her closer and began eating,I spare him a quick glance and a gentle smile I froze and blushed as he kissed my cheek,he chuckled before returning to eat,I smiled back and began eating.