Forgive Me

Hot water.

That's exactly what Diego was in. Hot water. With Shira. He was sitting outside of the den on a rock his ears down and his face down resting on his paws, he knew messed up bad so he couldn't make an excuse on why Shira was angry...he would even be angry at himself for it.

"Diego! Buddy you ok?" His eyes turn to see his best friends, Manny and Sid  coming by with looks of concern "What are you guys doing here?" "We heard Shira complain about you to Ellie. What happen?" Manny asked and Diego didn't want to talk about, he felt so bad about it. "Hey come on  you can tell us. We're your friends" Sid said as Manny placed a trunk on his shoulder. Diego sighed "Ok. Shira went out hunting and it was my turn to watch Tackle..."

Flashback

Diego and Tackle were laying in the grass asleep, the young cub heard some fluttering and spotted a dragonfly. So he chased after it but what the sabers had no idea of the approaching danger coming up...Coyotes. Three coyotes showed up and they weren't thrilled about having a saber nearby but they caught a more easier prey.

Tackle smelled the coyotes and ran off to hide, the three spread ready to corner the cub but "ROAR!" The coyotes scattered and whimpered as an angry mama saber came roaring at them and charging at them, the dogs ran off with their tails between their legs. Shira scanned everywhere for her cub and she let our a call, Tackle responded coming out all muddy as he rubbed on his mom's leg.

"Now to deal with your babysitter" Shira said in a low angry voice as she made her way to Diego who woke up "Hey Shira...yawn...find anything from the hunt?" Shira was angry 'He was sleeping?!' She thought in her head as she snarled at him and swatting her face at him claws out. Diego was surprised by this out of nowhere reaction as he stood back trying to avoid her claws "Whoa! Shira what's was that for?!" "You were asleep?! How could you be asleep when Tackle was in danger?!" She yelled at him as Diego noticed the cub hiding behind her leg a little scared.

"Shira I..." "I can't belive you!" "Shira I'm sorry..." "SORRY DOESN'T COUNT!" She yelled out as she turned around furious and grabbed the cub with her mouth glaring at Diego making him feeling intimidated as she ran off leaving the brown saber with his ears down feeling guilty.

Flashback ended

"Wow" Sid said surprised that the most alert and ready to fight saber made a mega mistake like that. Diego noticed Shira returning with Tackle and this time she had food with her, she made eye contact with Diego and glared at him snarling before heading to the den while Tackle looked at the two worried before going with his mom.

"She won't even talk to me or look at me, she won't even let me enter the den" he told his friends feeling hopeless in this problem "Aw come on. Is this the Diego so tough that now he's being soft?" Sid said hoping to make the saber mad so he would do something...it work a little too well.

Diego snarled and swatted at the sloth in the face, Sid wound being dizzy as he fell on the snow. Manny walked up to Sid and scolded him as now was the wrong time to do that but Diego stared at the den and he made his decision...a very risky decision.

Nighttime had fallen and Diego was approaching the den slowly and cautiously, his night vision helpd him scan the den finding Tackle asleep in the corner while Shira was lying on her side. Diego walked inside being as quiet as he can be his movement slow...he had to get to Shira before she saw him. He finally reached her, his mouth reaching her ear in a whisper "Shira....Shira..." his whisper stirred her and her head looked up nose to nose with him.

His sudden appearance in the den startled her as she gasped in the surprise but it quickly turn to anger and she even tried to swat at his face but Diego was quick and leaped back, as her upper body stood up her ears back and snarling "What. Are. You. Doing here?" She whispered as Diego took a few steps closer but not close enough to her paws "Shira. I'm really sorry about what happen today"

"Sorry doesn't count" she told him in anger as she got up ready to chase him out of the den "I'll admit I was being lazy and didn't take my duty seriously and it was mistake" he told her "I don't believe you!" She said her voice up as she lunged at him but Diego quickly flipped her off and pinned her down so he was on top.

"Keep your voice down. Tackle's already worried" he whispered looking at their cub who was still asleep, Shira pushed him off so she was on top snarling but Diego wrapped his paws around her neck and pulled her down so he can whisper in her ear while she struggled to get out of his grasp "Shira I love you and Tackle so much and I would never want to put our cub in danger you know that. Look at me in the eye and tell if I'm not sorry"

Shira broke from his paws and stared at him angry breathing furiously her blue ones in his green ones. They stayed like that for a whole minute but then Shira's face soften realizing he was sorry, her fiesty heart melted as she got off him lying down again. "Diego..." she said but wasn't sure what to say. Diego walked around her and lied down next to her her back nestled in his chest as he kissed her cheek "So does that mean I'm forgiven?" "Yeah" she told him with a smile as they nuzzle happy that they sorted things out.