Final Battle (request)

Request from mikey987321. Takes place in Ice Age 4 after Manny and Gutt's final battle

Shira watched the giant iceberg slide down, taking Manny and her former captain Gutt with it. The silver saber could tell the fight wasn't over and she leaped off on the rocks and chased after them. Far off, Diego spotted Shira running. "Shira" he said and feeling that he had to be there by her side, he ran after her.

Shira ran across the rocks, trying her best to catch up. Her breathing got heavy and her heart racing as she jumped and leaped on the rocks to try and catch up.

Suddenly, Shira spotted something flying from the air far and it looked like it was coming from the iceberg that Manny and Gutt were on. And BAM! That something hit the ground hard not far from the saber. Shira halted to a stop as she stood and waited for the dust to clear...Gutt.

Her eyes widen when she saw her former captain in the midst of the dust. The monkey spotted the saber and he growled at her menacingly.

Shira felt fear shiver through her as the monkey stood up. "You traitor...I'll get my revenge and a trophy right here and now!" Gutt yelled and he lunged at Shira with his claws out. The saber was took quick for him and  jumped over, landing on his back and pushing herself off him.

Gutt turned around and slashed his claws at her. Shira got hit by the slash and hit the ground. She quickly stood up and snarled at the monkey. Gutt brought his hands up and tried to slam them on Shira but she dodged it and he missed.

Roaring, she leaped on his back and bit hard on his shoulder. Gutt roared in pain as he stepped back, trying to get Shira off. He grabbed her and threw her off him. Shira landed on feet and she quickly tried to pounce on Gutt but the monkey swung his arm at her and it sent her flying and she hit the ground hard.

Diego arrived at the battle and he spotted the fight between the two. His eyes widen when he spotted Shira lying there hurt. His eyes went to Gutt who glared at the saber and approached her. Diego snarled at the monkey.

Shira stood up, her body stung in pain but Gutt pinned her to the ground with his hand and Shira struggled to get out. Gutt smiled evilly at her while Shira snarled at him "I can't wait to have a saber pelt for a trophy" Gutt said wickedly as he brought his other hand with his claws out. Shira glared at him, waiting for the final blow.

"ROAR!" Diego roared and pounced on the monkey from behind, sinking his teeth and claws onto the monkey's back. Gutt got so startled by the sudden attack that he lifted his hand off Shira. The she saber quickly took her chance and ran far from him.

"Deigo?" She said surprised and wide eye to see Diego trying to save her. Diego brought the monkey down and got off him. He looked at Shira who was watching him and he ran to her "How about less standing around and more helping me?" He told her urgently as Gutt stood up and leaped up at the two.

"Watch out!" She yelled out and the two got out of the way as Gutt slammed his hands on the ground. Shira jumped back but Gutt turned to Diego and quickly swatted at the brown saber, sending him flying to a wall.

Gutt pinned Diego on the wall, his grip squeezing the saber hard, making it hard for Diego to breathe. Diego hissed and growled in pain. Shira looked at him scared, her heart racing worried.

She spotted an edge where there was rushing water currents. Shira then shook off that fear and growled at Gutt, a plan in her head to take Gutt down for good as she slowly approached him stealthily.

"This is your fault" Gutt told Diego as the saber looked at him angry "You turned Shira against me!" Gutt told him furious "The only thing I did was saving Shira from you" Diego told him firmly with no fear.

Gutt growled at him "I'll have both your pelts!" Gutt yelled as he brought his claws out to finish the brown saber.

"ROOOAAR!" Shira roared and pounced on Gutt, forcing the monkey to step back and let go off Diego. Diego fell on the ground, breathing hard and he looked at the two fighting.

He looked at was behind them and his eyes widen, realizing Shira was making Gutt back up to the edge to fall...but that would take her down also.

"Shira!" Diego yelled out alarmed as he ran after the two. Gutt struggled to get the she saber off but Shira was making it hard for him as she dug her claws deep in his skin.

"It's over Gutt! Time for you to sleep with the fishes!" Shira told him as she got off him and jumped in front of him and pounced on him, both of them falling of the edge.

Suddenly, something caught Shira in time and she was hanging above the edge. She looked up and got so surprised to see Diego. Diego had caught up in time to catch Shira by the scruff of her fur.

The two cats looked down and saw Gutt had disappeared into the ocean currents. Grunting, Diego pulled Shira back up on the rocks, dragging her away from the edge for safe distance.

Shira looked up at him amazed "you saved me?" She asked him surprised. Diego just smiled at her "We look out for eachother. That's what we do in a Herd" he reminded her and she smiled at him.