Diego's Father in law

Request from Danah4life

Diego was walking with Sora along with their cubs, Tackle and Carlos. "So where did Shira go?" Sora asked Diego curiously, wondering where his sister ran off. "She told me she was gonna get someone from the pack name Tyto" Diego explained but the last part made Sora's eyes widen.

"Tyto?! She's bringing Tyto?!" He asked surprised, wanting to be sure that he heard that right. Diego eyed him wierdly. "Yeah why?" Diego asked, puzzled by Sora's reaction. Sora looked down, shaking his head. "Let's just say Tyto is one of those worst nightmares for a guy with a mate" Sora explained and it made Diego confused.

"So you're Diego?" A deep voice asked and Diego and Sora looked up. Sora looked down groaning, knowing Diego was facing the hardest challenge.

Approaching Diego was Shira and another male saber with the same blue eyes as Shira and gray fur with black stripes. He looked at Diego, frowning at him.

"You must be Tyto right?" Diego asked casually, still not understanding why Sora is so worried. Shira ran ahead and joined Diego's side. "Diego this is Tyto. My dad" she told him and immediately Diego's eyes widen and he froze. 'Oh now I get why Sora was worried' Diego thought in his head, worried. It now made sense. This was a guy's worst nightmare...meeting their father in law.

Diego chuckled nervously, his ears down. Tyto glared at him "Let's see how good of hunter you are. If you are good as a mate for my daughter" Tyto whispered to him darkly before walking off. Diego felt intimidated.

Diego turned to Shira panic "You didn't tell me that Tyto was your dad" he whispered to her. Shira smiled at him and licked her mate in the cheek "Relax. Once he gets to know you, he'll love you. Just like how you and I met" she told him chilled and reassured and she walked off. "Oh boy" Diego groaned worried.

The three sabers and the two cubs walked to an area for hunting with some musk ox, their prey grazing the grass while the sabers watched them. Tyto was the lead hunter for the hunt.

"The cubs will stay hidden far from the prey. Shira and Sora will go around the right incase the prey come to their direction. I will try to pounce first" Tyto explained the plan, excluding Diego on purpose. Diego felt hurt that his father in law didn't want to inculde him in the hunt.

Shira noticed what her father was doing and she glared at her father "dad" she told him angry and Tyto Tyto groaned quietly. "Diego will position on the left" Tyto said irritated  and he went in the grass.

The sabers went in their positions as planned. Diego was in the grass crouching but he looked over at Tyto. Diego let out a sigh 'How am I gonna get Tyto to like me?' He thought in his head and turned back to the prey.

Tyto crept closer to the musk ox and "ROAR!" he roared and pounced on his prey. The musk ox tried to shake him off but Tyto had latched on tight, sinking his teeth into the prey.

The ox ran to the right side but Shira and Sora came out snarling at it. The ox started kicking its hooves around and Shira and Sora backed off.

Diego came out of his spot, seeing that this prey was the type to not go down without a fight. The ox got Tyto off and charged over to where the cubs where hiding. Diego's eyes widen and so the danger the cubs were about to face.

Diego roared and pounced on the ox, biting it on the neck and bringing it down to the ground. He looked to see Tackle and Carlos quickly running out of their hiding spots and getting farther away from the danger.

The ox then got up and swung its head and it shook off Diego, sending him flying to the ground. Diego hit the ground, his breath knocked out as the ox ran off.

"Ouch" Diego groaned in pain and a shadoe loomed over him. He looked up and saw Tyto. Diego was expecting him to criticize him or something.

Instead, Tyto looked at him worried and lifted the brown furred saber up, back on the feet. Diego was surprised and he wobbled a bit as he stood up "easy easy. You took quite the hit" Tyto told him gently as Shira and Sora approached Diego worried.

"I'm fine" Diego assured them. Sure he still felt sore but he was ok. Diego looked at Tyto "I'm guessing you're mad at me cause I lost the prey" Diego told him but Tyto then smiled at him gently.

"No" he told him, shaking his head. Diego stared at him surprised. "True we lost out prey. But thanks to you, we didn't lose our cubs" Tyto explained to him as they looked and saw Tackle and Carlos coming back to them.

Tyto smiled at Diego and nodded in respect. Diego smiled back as the saber walked off. Shira came over and nuzzled her mate "See? I told you he would like you once he got to know you" she told him smirking and Diego nuzzled her back befor the sabers went home.