Mistletoe(Christmas moment)

"Deck the halls with moss and rockweed!
Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Tis the season to be jolly"

Fa la la la la, la la la la!"

Shira lay at the edge of a clearing, watching Sid singing, and skipping around a large pine tree hanging fish skeletons, glow worms, and colourful berries on it with the possum twins. Christmas was arriving and every animal's cave, burrow and nest were covered in decorations for the celebration tonight. Shira smiled at seeing the happy looks spread out on her friends that she didn't notice a brown saber stalking behind her..or so it look.

Diego jumped out of his hiding spot and lunged at her snarling to startle her. But his eyebrow rose confused when she turnes on her back side, smirking at him deviously. When he landed, her hind legs kicked his stomach, sending me flying face flat to ground...right near Sid and the possums to see him.

"That was a jolly surprise" she told him in a teasing voice, peaving her spot while he got up shaking the snow off his body. His ears twitched at laughing, and he saw Sid and the possums laughing at him.

"Tell anyone, and you three will be christmas spirits" he snarled at them in a threatening tone, and that shut all three up.

Shira giggled silently at the four as she licked Diego's cheek before turning to the Christmas tree in the center of the clearing. It look so beautiful. "Tree looks pretty doesn't it?" He asked her, noticing the way she stared at it. "It's beautiful" she said, amazed as she never saw anything like it. "You know Sid invented it" he told her and she raised her eyebrows in surprise. "He invented it?" She asked, wanting to be sure she heard right. "Yep.When Peaches was little" he told herz confirmingit with a nod. "Well tell me Softie" she asked him, wanting to hear the story.

Sid stared at the two sabers chatting, and rubbed at his chin sneakily. "What's your plan?" The sloth jumped screaming, holding onto the tree as his friend Manny came into his sights. The sabers turn to look after hearing Sid scream, unamused, and resumed to their conversation

"Oh Manny you scared me. But don't do that again. I got a plan for them both and your gonna help me" he explained to his friend with a sneaky smile. "Sure if Diego doesn't catch you"the mammoth commented plainly as he helped him down and the plan was explained to him.

It was nighttime as the whole village was glowing from all the glow worms hanged by the hyraxes. The trio came, waiting for the girls to arrive. Ellie and Peaches thought it be nice if Shira looked her best. They discovered Sid's plan, and wanted to make their saber friend look good for it. "I'll admit Sid, you really outdone yourself with the decorations this year" Manny commented, moving his coconut cup drink a little. "Yeah it really looks well joyful but where are the girls?" Diego asked puzzled.

"Oh they're coming. Right now" Manny said and had his trunk turn Diego's head to the right. His ears perked at seeing the girls. Ellie and Peaches had these green and red tip flowers near their ears along with flower necklaces but Shira had this small red flower with green mint leaves on her right ear. She looked pretty to him.

Manny gave him a push as he turned arouns to glare at him. The mammoth motioned him to head to her and say something up. It made the saver suspicious but he proceeded.

"I'll meet you up later"  Shira told the girls as those two went to the others. She chewed on some peppermint leaves near her. It had a strong mint taste that can hurt anyone's tongue but she liked the taste. "Hey Shira" her ears perked at hearing Diego's voice and grinned at him. "Hey Softie" she replied back and they were gonna engage in a chat but Diego froze at seeing something above their heads. A mistletoe.

Shira cocked her head in confusion at seeing a leaf with two red berries. "Um Diego what's wrong with that?" She asked him, puzzled. "Shira that's a mistletoe. When two animals are underneath it, they have to kiss" he explained to her and the silver saber instantly had pink blush on her cheeks, ears flatten down realizing she would have to kiss Diego.

Her eyes avoided his but the orange fur saber realized something"Sid.That sloth when I find him..."Diego threatened angrily but he was cut short as Shira kissed him.

His eyes widen as her minty lips pressed against his. After processing it, he closed them purring. She broke it, staring at him lovingly. "Merry Christmas Diego" she nuzzled him as I nuzzled her back. "Merry Christmas too Shira" he replied warmly as they headed back to the party..'I'll kill Sid tomorrow' He thought in his head, too much in a good mood to do it tonight.

Merry Christmas!