Tackle's First Spring

In the reflection of the waterhole in the den, Tackle can see his reflection. The little cub had excitement on his face and he wiggled his little ears and he stuck out his tongue.

Ever since Tackle's eyes opened, he's been exploring the den. Today was spring and he was going to go outside for his first time. Laughing, the cub ran around the den excited and jumping everywhere.

The cub jumped on rocks and rushed into the flower bushes. The cub bursted out of the flowers all covered in petals. He lunged at a small rock and started biting it. He didn't have any saber teeth yet but the young cub kept biting down in the rock like it was a toy.

"Hee hee. What are you doing?" His ears perked at Shira's playful voice. The cub's eyes went from the rock to his mom who was lying down and watching him with a smirk. Tackle smiled and his tail wagged excited as he zoomed to his mom and tried climbing her back.

She chuckled at his attempts to get on her back but he hadn't master climbing yet and kept slipping and sliding down. The cub spotted the earrings on his mom's ear and curiosity filled him up inside. His eyes grew big in curiosity as his paw swatted at the earrings like they were toys.

His mom's ears flicked and it startled Tackle that he slipped on her fur and slided down her back. Shira giggled at how cute her cub was.

Tackle looked at his mom's paws and he started pawing them, curiously. Shira gave her cub a lick on his face sweetly and she nuzzled him, purring and Tackle purred back.

Then, Shira stood up and walked out the den and little Tackle didn't notice and he fell on the ground. Shaking his head, his eyes spotted a brown paw walking and he looked up and he awed in amazement and his eyes huge in curiosity.

It was Diego. Diego was walking out of the den and you think a cub would be scared of a big cat but Tackle was just awed at his dad. Excited, Tackle ran to his dad and tackled one of his back legs. Diego turned around when he felt his cub latched on to him and he shook his head smiling.

"Yeah I think we made the right choice to call you Tackle" Diego commented playfully as he picked his cub up with his mouth and carried him outside.

The sabers were outside but Diego and Shira were catious and alert, their eyes looking both on tbr ground and sky. Tackle was so little and vulnerable that he would make a meal for even a small predator. The sabers had to be careful.

Tackle's eyes closed from the sunlight but slowly they adjusted and be opened them again. The cub liked the warmth of the sun and he started swatting at it like he wanted to catch.

The sabers arrived under a cherry blossom tree and sat down under it. Diego put down the cub who marveled at the cherry blossom tree. A flower came floating down from the tree and it landed on the cub.

Tackle shook his head to get the flower and he started whimpering in panic and fell on his back, waving his itty bitty paws. His ears perked when he heard his dad laughing. "Hold still bud. It's just a flower" Diego told his cub calmly and he lifted the flower off with his nose.

When Tackle saw his dad, he grabbed his dad's nose and rubbed his head on it, purring. Diego purred back and licked his cub. Tackle rolled on his back on the fresh green grass but then Diego carried the flower that Tackle dropped and the cub watched curiously.

Diego walked up to Shira who was licking her paw until her mate showed up. Diego placed the flower on Shira's ear and smiled at her "That flower brings out your eyes" he told her sweetly and Shira blushed at him but she smiled warmly back at him and the two cats nuzzled, purring.

Tackle didn't understand what was going on cause he was still small but since his parents were happy, it made him happy. The cub walked over to his parents and he leaped into his mom's paws which startled the teo sabers but they calmed down and laughed about it.

Smiling, Diego got another flower on the ground and he held it above his cub. Tackle stared at it curious and started swatting at it, his tongue out in concentration. Diego dropped the flower in his cub's paws as Tackle smelled it and played with it.

"I think Tackle really likes his first spring" Shira commented as Diego lied down with Shira's head on his shoulder. "Yeah I think he does" Diego agreed as Tackle kept playing with the flower, enjoying his first spring.