Never Leaving You

Request from firestormbeast

Shira was chasing a deer around the cliffs, her breath heavy as she had been chasing after it for hours. "Come on! Just a little closer!" She told herself as she almost got close enough to pounce. "Gotcha now!" She said confident...but then deer turned made a sharp turn to a corner and there was a dead end.

Shira gasped shocked and she tried to turn, her paws skidding but she was too late. Shira fell off the cliff and down to the woods as she yelled, everything becoming a blur with green leaves and everything went black.

Few minutes later...

Shira opened her eyes weakly, everything numb and blurry. She lifted her head and suddenly pain shot up through her head and she grunted in pain. She shook her head to rid herself from the pain and she looked around. Shira recalled what happen and realized she fell off the cliff during the hunt.

She started to stand up but "Ow!" Shira hissed in pain as she fell back on the ground, pain shot up her leg. She looked at one of her hind legs where the pain came from. She must've hurt it from the fall.

Shira looked up at the sky, seeing that the sun was setting and the sky changed to a violet color. Earlier it was noon. "Great. I'm hurt, can't walk and it's late" Shira complained sarcastically. Her ears perked at a rustle and she turned her head to the bushes.

"And now I'm gonna get attacked while injured. Great" she said sarcastically. The bushes rustled more and Shira snarled at ferciously.

"Chill out. It's just me" a familiar voice came up and Diego walked out of the bushes. Shira relaxed when she saw him. "Well nice to see you show up. Got lost?" She joked with him and Diego sighed but Shira saw in his green eyes worry.

"Where were you? You've been gonna for hours. I was worried sick about you!" Diego told her angrily and Shira was stunned by his reaction. The brown saber had been worried about Shira all day and went off to find her.

"That's worry? Sounds like you're cranky" she told him sarcastically. Diego groaned as he turned around "Come on" he told her about to leave and Shira stood up again forgetting her leg but when she stood on it, the pain shot up again and she growled in pain and lied back down.

Diego turned around quickly when he heard her growl and saw her face in pain and he rushed back to her. "I'm fine I'm fine" she tried to assure him, not wanting to look weak but he saw her blue eyes go to her hurt leg and he looked at her direction.

Diego walked over to her hurt leg, his eyes examining it in worry. It seemed fine outside and he slowly set his paw on it to sense the pain and "Ow!" Shira yelped in pain and she angrily swatted his paw away from her. "That hurts!" She told him mad.

"What happened?" He asked her worried. Shira scoffed "Nothing. I...tripped" she said lying but Diego glared at her like a parent dealing with a kid in trouble. Shira huffed annoyed "I was chasing the prey and I fell off the cliff" she explained and Diego stared at her surprised.

"You fell off the cliff?" He asked her in disbelief and he looked up at the cliff. The fall from that would be bad. He was glad that Shira survived, even with a hurt leg.

"Can you walk on it?" He asked her and she rolled her eyes "Does the first two trys say I can walk?" She asked him irritated.

Diego looked up to the sky, seeing that it was nightime. He looked back at her  and her hurt foot. Left like this, Shira would be an easy target for any predator.

"Ok. Looks like I'm spending the night with you" he told her "Wait what?" She said confused as he walked around her and lied down next her. "What are you doing?" She asked him blushing pink, their bodies close.

"You're hurt and can't walk. You would be an easy target to any predator" he explained, his ears twitching for any sounds. He wasn't gonna sleep yet until she was sure there was no danger nearby.

"I can take care of myself. Just head back to your den and I'll-" she started to object "Shira!" Diego yelled at her annoyed and she stared at him surprised. He loved her alot but he didn't like how prideful she could be.

"I am not leaving you" he told her firmly, staring in her eyes serious. He loved her and could abandon her. He rested his head and went to sleep. Shira stared at him surprised. 'Wow he really was that worried about me' she thought in her head, actually touched from his concern and determination to stay with her. She finally lied down and went to sleep.

It was morning and Shira woke up again. She let out a yawn but she got surprised to find Diego gone. "Huh?" She said puzzled but she quickly caught the scent of a fresh kill. She looked ahead and saw Diego coming with a piece of meat in his mouth.

He set it down in front of her and he let out a yawn "Morning. I got Ellie and she's coming to get you to my den so she can heal you. For now we wait and just eat" Diego explained as he lied down and took a cat nap. Shira stared at the meat and at him surprised. Diego had woken up early to get her food and help. She smiled at him touched and began eating but also leaving some for Diego when he wakes up.