Wedding

It was a really nice and sunny day on Hyrax Island and today was very special...Diego and Shira are getting married!

The whole Herd was excited and busy preparing for their saber friends' wedding. Ellie and Peaches was helping Shira get ready while Manny, Sid and the possums were helping out with decorations. "Aw yeah! This is going to be good!" Sid said excited as he wrapped the last few flowers around a tree.

Diego came with Manny and he had to admit, the wedding looked really good "Wow this actually looks pretty good. Can't believe I'm saying this but nice job Sid" Diego told him, a little surprise that he actually admitted it.

"Aw thanks bud, you know I should do this more often" "Don't over think it" Diego told him flatly but he didn't expect the sloth to put something on him all of a sudden. "Huh?" "Ta-da! Ooh lookin sharp Diego" "Sid what is this?" Diego asked confused on what he was wearing around his neck, it was a bowtie made from leaves for the collar and the bow was a flower.

"A little something to make you look nice for your wedding" Diego instantly ripped the bowtie off and walked away "No Sid. I'm already nervous. I don't want to be embarrassed" he told the sloth sharply and a little irritated and his two friends got surprised from this unexpected respone...what was Diego nervous about?

"There! All done!" "Nice job Peaches it looks great" Peached and Ellie were making a nice flower crown for Shira along with some flower bracelets and necklace. "Auntie Shira you ready? Shira?" Peaches asked and the two female mammoths realized that Shira wasn't really paying attention, she was pacing all nervous, her eyes wandered everwhere and sometimes stop at her pacing thinking before she paced again.

"Whoa slow down tiger" Ellie placed her trunk in front of Shira to stop her from pacing and Shira seemed out of breath from it. "You ok Shira?" "Yeah Peache" Shira said lying as she sat down. Ellie placed a trunk on her shoulder, smiling at her reassuringly "Shira it's ok. We know your nervous and that its alright"

Shira let out a sigh, knowing she can't get pass Ellie, she's been through this wedding thing before. "Guess I'm just really really nervous no scared" Shira admitted her ears down worried "What if it doesn't work for us? What if Diego changes his mind and decides he doesn't want me anymore?" Shira asked scared as her heart raced and she shook her head to get those thoughts out.

"Whoa whoa Shira. Diego would never do that to you. Besides, I think you made Diego's life more better" Shira looked at Ellie surprised and confused, wondering how she could've made Diego more happy than usual "He found someone who can understand him well and well there you two are sabers so that's a bonus" Ellie said and Shira had to agree, there some things a saber can't do with other animals.

"And you and Diego make a good couple. You guys a will be great together" Peaches told her as she placed the flower crown on the saber, Shira looked at the two and smiled at them, she felt like they were her sisters that she can count on. "Ok. Thanks"

Diego let out a heavy sigh, his eyes looking nervous as they moved everywhere. He was at the alter, waiting for his bride to come, Manny and Sid were right behind him as his best man...well best men since the two argued over it.

"Diego?" Sid asked him as he approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder and he could feel how tense and shaky the saber "Sid I am not wearing that thing" Diego warned him growling but it quickly fell when he thought back on what he was nervous about "Hey Diego you can tell us anything. We're your friends" Manny told Diego gently and Diego realized that the mammoth was right, they were his friends and they had been through so much together.

Diego took a deep breath and let it out "Alright. I'm really nervoud about this wedding. About marrying Shira" Diego said actually better that he admit that and his friends were even surprised from this "I thought you loved Shira" Sid said confused and he got wacked on the head from Manny "I do love her Sid. But what if things don't work out between us? What if she starts to hate me and wants to leave me?" Diego asked feeling scared.

Shira was someone Diego was lucky to meet in his life, she was someone that he could do usual saber stuff with and someone who understood him well. "Aw come on Diego. Shira would never do that, she loves you and you would do anything for her" Sid said taking the chance to put the bowtie back on and this Diego didn't rip it off.

He looked at the sloth and smiled at him "Sid's right, Shira would never leave you. Beside, you did alot for her" Manny and he was right, Diego made Shira become a better saber and gave her the love she needed in her life. "Thanks guys" Diego said and just in time...the bride was here.

The hyraxes and announced the arrival of the bride, Diego stood up and his heart beated when he Shira coming with Ellie and Peaches by her sides, throwing petals. Shira looked gorgeous with the white flower crown, necklace and bracelets on her amd with the sun she looked like she was shining, her silver fur more brighter than usual.

She smiled sweetly at Diego as he returned the smile, she made it to the alter, her eyes moved to the bowtie on him and she looked back at Diego "Nice flower Softie" "Thanks" the teo whispered to eachother as the hyrax showed up and asked the two sabers about the do you take this part.

"I do" "I do" once the hyrax finished, Diego and Shira kissed and everyone cheered for the new couple, the two sabers nuzzled eachother sweetly and purring as they turn to their friends, smiling...now they're together.