Swimming

Not sure if you guys knew but I read some fanfics on Diego teaching Shira how to swim(not in Wattpad though) so I did my own

Third Person's POV"

"So Shira how are you enjoying these past few weeks with us?""It's nice actually"Shira and Ellie were on their way to the waterhole to meet up with Manny,Sid and Diego,the she mammoth decided to know the saberess better since she appreciated Shira helping her when kidnapped.They got there to find the boys doing a cannonball contest in the waterhole...Manny kept winning.
"Shira's POV"

The boys got out soaking wet but what surprised me more was when seeing Diego all soaked and well sabers naturally hate water,"hey Shira"Diego called out to me walking up to me I realized Ellie left with Manny and Sid"Hey Softie""Don't call me that please" I snickered at his annoyed expression "By the way I didn't know you can swim"
"Diego's POV"

"Yeah it's a skill I learned""How do you know it?""Sid taught me" Shira stared me unamused when I mention Sid"Really?the sloth taught you?" she asked me maybe because we see him screw up a lot.I laughed at her question but my ears perked up at an idea.
"Shira's POV"

He trotted behind me and tried pushing me in the water!"Whoa whoa!what are you doing?!"I asked him digging my claws on the ground"Relax.I'll teach you how to swim" Diego said softly to me,I stared at the waterhole nervous"It's okay.I won't let you drown"Diego reassured me....if I drown he'll be down to eight lives.
Third Person's POV"

The ex pirate reluctantly agreed much to Diego's pleasure as he went in the water"It's just like hunting... like stalking the prey. You just claw then kick like this"He demonstrated as Shira watched taking in his movements and impressed"Not bad""Thanks now you try"Diego said "I'm not sure about this Diego?" She said cautiously dipping one of her front paws in the water and pulled it back out.
"Diego's POV"

I can tell she was scared in the first few days she nearly drowned "Don't worry I'm right here"I reassured her swimming closer to her,she slowly stepped into the water."Remember, claw and kick, that's all there is to it"I reminded her she hissed at how cold the water was it was up to our chests"Claw and kick" she repeated moving slowly at first but Shira started to get the hang of it...until she stopped.
"Third Person's POV"

"Hey!"I'm doing it!"Shira called out pleased that she got the hang of it"You're doing great!" Diego called out proud and happy"I think you caught on faster than I did!" the she saber swam for a few mins unaware she was swimming to the deeper side of the waterhole,she stopped when she got tired only to realized she swam out too far. Panic and fear exposed in Shira causing her to drown "SHIRA!" Diego called anxiously and shocked by what happen.
"Diego's POV"

"DIEGO!" she yelled as she struggled to stay afloat in the water I swam as fast as I could to reach her"Hold on I'm coming!"she went under soon after I reached her,I gasped and dove under seeing her eyes closed but she struggled to swim I grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and pulled her up to the surface.
"Shira's POV"

I was pulled out of the water and gasped for air grabbing onto the nearest thing which was Diego...he saved me,he was panting but his hazel green eyes stared at me concern."Diego!" I cried clinging onto his fur coughing water"Hey it's okay. It's ok!Your ok you were doing just fine.you just panicked that's all"He soothed me his voice calming me placing his paw on mine"Really?" I asked a small smile appearing.
"Third Person's POV"

Diego nodded to her"do you wanna try again?"she stared at him worried but she knew he wouldn't let her drown again"Um...ok"She said her voice shaking a bit,gathering all of the bravery she could gather Shira let go of Diego and started to swim"Claw, kick, claw, kick"She said in her head confidently.Shira laughed in victory and the two sabers continued swimming around in the lake.
"Diego's POV"

I swam up to Shira and licked her on the cheek. She stared at me surprised but she grinned...doing something unexpected to me!She pounced on me in the water making me swallow gallons of water.I swam up to the top, coughing and searching for that she saber!"Looking for someone tough guy?" I turn my head to that voice and saw Shira close to land"Oh your gonna pay for that Shira!"I laughed and swam after her chasing her on land.