Race in the Gym(high school au request)

Another request from @DarthNihilius46. This time a high school au request. And to top if off a drawing! Be sure to check out ky Ice age drawings book

Diego and Shira were in the school gym which was completely empty because it was after school. Diego decided to ask Shira out on a date. His feelings for her were growing ever since she transferred to his school.

Shira said she would say yes...if Diego can beat her in a race.

The two cats stood side by side ready to start. "Last chance to back out Softie" she told him teasingly as she turned her face and smirked at him, her paws on her hips.

Diego scoffed at her and turned his head to looked at her, her blue eyes and his green eyes making contact. Both can tell just by staring into eachother's eyes that neither cat would back down out of this challenge.

"And miss out on all the fun? No way Kitty" he told her smirking back and her smirk fell with an annoyed glare and she walked up to him, their faces really close and she held out her hand in front of his face.

"Don't!" She snarled and her claws retracted in front of him as a warning. "Call me Kitty" she warned him and Diego couldn't help but smirk at her ferociousness. It made him fall for her more.

"Ok I won't...Kitty" he said again annoying her and she groaned irritated before taking a few steps back and they were side by side again.

"Get ready" she told him as they both got on a starting position. "Ready" he told her confident and focused. She smiled at his confidence. 'Good luck tiger' she said in her head.

"Ready...go!" She said and in a blink, she zoomed ahead in full speed. "Whoa!" Diego said startled at Shira's sudden speed and he chased after her.

The first obstacle in their way was this rope they had to climb up and they have to climb down a net. The two cats leaped at the ropes and both of them started climbing it. Once making it to the top of the rope, both sabers quickly leaped on net.

Shira however had some tricks up her fur. She landed in front of Diego and her landing made the net bounce so rough that Diego's landing made him slip and his foot got caught in the net. Shira quickly took off from the net and was heading to the next obstacle.

Diego quickly got his foot out and jumped off the net at hot pursuit on Shira. The female saber turned her head and saw Diego catching up to her. 'Shook off that one. Let's see ifche can shake this off' Shira thought in her head with a sneaky smirk.

Her eyes caught some boxes with balls in them. She knocked them over hard and the boxes fell and the balls spilled over heading straight to Diego.

Diego quickly slid on his knees on the gym floor, avoiding the incoming balls and he leaped back up to his feet and ran for it. Shira turned her head again and her eyes widen in surprise and amazement that he was still on her tail.

The cats were coming to a climbing wall. Shira latched onto it and started climbing it fast and agile. "Whoa" Diego said impressed at her speed and agility. He quickly latched onto but he wasn't as fast at wall climbing as Shira.

Shira got to the top and jumped off onto the mat. Diego manage to get to the edge and he spotted Shira getting to the finish line. Diego quickly got down and started running after her.

Shira knew that Diego might catch up some how and her eyes spotted two mats stacked on top of eachother. 'If I jump on that, I could give myself a push and make it' she thought in her head as she smirked.

Shira ran really fast and her paws got on the mat and she back flipped. But her aim wasn't straight. Her eyes widen in panic and shhe found her foot slipped on the mat and she was about to fall off and hurt herself...or maybe not.

"Whoa!" She heard Diego's alarmed voice and she landed but it wasn't the hard floor. Shira found herself in Diego's arms. Diego had ran up just in time to catch Shira before she could hit the floor.

Diego panted from the running as Shira looked at him wide eye and blushing. 'He...could've easily won if he ignored me. He...he saved me' she said in her head surprised.

Diego set her down gently and he looked at her. He could tell she had things to say "Thank me later. We still have a race to win" he reminded her as he ran and Shira shook her head to snap out of it and she chased after him.

Shira sprinted ahead of the orange saber and she got to the mat which was the finish line. Diego joined her side, the two cats were breathing hard and tired and they drop down on the mat and lied there sweaty and trying to catch their breaths.

Diego looked at Shira "you...you win. Good...good race" he panted out of the breath as he rolled on his back. Shira looked at him panting.

"Yeah...but your still taking me on that date" she told him all of a sudden. Diego's eyes widen and he looked at her to see if she was joking. Shira stared at him smiling and her smile was actually honest.

"But...I lost" he told her dumbfounded. "Yeah but just a moment ago you saved me. You could've won if you didn't and you did. So I think a date is the best way to thank you" she explained to him as she rolled on her back while Diego smiled at her blushing.