New years With the Sabers(request)

Request from Tannerh012.

"Where are you, little Tackle?"

Tackle held in any laughter with his paws covering his mouth as his uncle, Sora, looked for him. The saber family were having a new years party and right now, Tackle was playing hide and seek with Sora in his den who was babysitting him while his parents were out hunting.

"Come on ya little mishevious fuzzball" he said, his voice getting close. "Aha!" Sora came out excited but to his confusion, Tackle was not there. That's because the small cub had snuck off to a new hiding spot.

"Hmmm" he hummed as he sniffed the scent and kept looking for the cub. As he looked around, he had no idea that someone was sneaky up behind him slowly.

"Roar!"

"Ah!"

Tackle jumped out of his new hiding spot and pounced on his uncle's back. It startled Sora and he jumped, falling to the ground, scrambling back up with eyes blinking. The saber cub laughed really hard, falling on his back as he held his stomach. He found the look on Sora's face priceless.

Sora glared at him playfully as he got up. "Why you little..." he said, crouching down for a pounce but Tackle quickly dodged it, running out of the den. "Hey! Get back here!" Sora called out to him, following after his rambunctious nephew outside.

The two ran out until Tackle spotted in his sights his parents coming back from the hunt with a large gazelle to feed on. He zoomed straight to his mom, hugged her front paw. She glanced down and smiled, glad tonsee her cub's face.

"Hey there fuzzball" she told him as she nuzzled his face. Tackle purred affectionately. "Wow! Look how big the prey is! This is would me grow big and strong!" He exclaimed excitedly as his mom chuckled at him and rubbed his furry little head.

"Tackle!" Sora called out and the cub quickly hid behind his mom's paw, giggling. Shira glanced up and saw Sora running torwards her, out of breath. She chuckled at her brother, finding his appearance amusing to her.

"Hey little brother. What got you here out of breath? Chasing rabbits?" She teased him playfully as he glared at his big sister annoyed. "Very funny sis. And I'll have you know, hunting rabbit are easy" he remarked her once he caught his breath. He spotted Tackle's little paws peeking out from behind Shira's arm and he smirked confident.

"Gotcha!" He said, tapping Tackle's paws as the cub giggled. "Nope" Shira denied. "Huh?" Both boys glanced up at her confused as she had a playful smile. "I'm the safe zone. So Tackle isn't it" she told him as Sora looked at her annoyed as Tackle watched amused.

"What?! Since when? You're supposed to be on my side sis" he told he irritated with his ears flat as she smirked at him. She found it amusing how he always had that same expression since they were cubs whenever he got annoyed by her for something.

"Usually I am. But when it comes to my fuzzball here, I gotta pick my baby" she explained to him, putting a paw around her son as Tackle smirked at him. Sora glared at them both, sensing that Tackle would take after his mom alot. And he was unsure whether that was good thing or bad thing.

"Now come on. It's time for dinner. Get some bites before the fireworks start" he told them both, licking Tackle's face and giving her brother a rub on his furry head. "You're starting to sound like mom" he commented ti which she shrugged, not minding that as they followed her for dinner.

Few minutes later....

Sora lied on the ground, full from eating. He had to admit, his brother in law Diego sure knew how to find the largest gazelle to hunt for the holidays. It was that large that it could actually feed the pack for days.

"Uncle Sora. You good?" Tackle asked, walking up to his uncle and playing with his paws. "Yeah kid. Just full. I need a nice long cat nap" he said, turning to his side as he felt sleep slowly taking over. But Tackle had other plans.

"You can't sleep yet uncle. The fireworks are gonna start soon" his nephew said eagerly as he jumped onto his uncle, climbing on him and pulling on his air. "Fire...works?" Sora asked confused, not sure what his nephew was talking about.

BOOM!

Sora jumped to his feet the moment he heard that sound, his ears flatten in fear. "What in the ice age was that?!" He asked alarmed, turning his head both directions to find the source of the sound until his eyes landed on Tackle.

The cub merely stayed calm and chuckled at his uncle. He nodded his head up, motioning for Sora to look up. It puzzled Sora, until a blue light flashed, catching his attention fork thr corner and he looked at it. His eyes widen in amazement at what he saw.

In the sky were the fireworks. Something that Sora had never seen on his life. "Oh wow" he said intrigued,  lying down once he felt it was not dangerous or anything. Tackle smiled, glad to see his uncle relaxing as he walked and rested into his front paws.

"Yeah. Sid knows a thing or two about fireworks. Pretty cool huh?" He told him, glancing up at Sora. His uncle glanced down to see his nephew smiling up at him. While the little cat was different from other cubs, he was his own unique kind of saber. That was something Sora admired.

"Yeah. But not as cool as you" Sora commented with a soft smile as he nuzzled his nephew as they both watched the firework show together.