A friend who risks her life for me(request)

So this is a request from Shira_x_Diego. She mentioned about this fanart she saw which was this one here. This is one of my favorites. Really wish we saw Shira, Ellie and Brooke interacting. It would probably be like Manny, Diego and Sid. Just to be clear this is not my artwork. This is by bearmations on deviantart

"You know Shira, I never had a friend who would risk her life for me" Brooke brought up softly with a gentle smile as Shira glanced at her, starting to have the sinking feeling of guilt inside her. "Yeah, Ellie......she's a good gal." Shira commented calmly. It surprised her greatly when that mammoth gave her life to save her own. Ellie nearly got killed doing so and for some reason the saber felt devastated when she thought she lost her. Shira could not remember the last time someone has risk their life for her and she felt that way.

"Yeah she is" Brooke said, ...."Well, goodnight" the sloth said cheerfully as she went to bed, unaware of the sabers' conflicting feelings inside. Nor her true intentions that would be revealed tomorrow. Shira looked at Brooke for a moment and then glanced at Half Peak.

Despite the snow storm continuing tonight, she could still see the black mountains. A reminder that she was getting close to completely her mission. Now that they were close, Shira started to wonder if she was doing the right thing. Even though it was a rocky start with Ellie and Brooke, they got close in time. They made her life more exciting, more challenging and more fun than ever in her life. And the baby she was sent to bring back alive only to have it killed? Even the human who was related to the hunters that wiped out her pack had warmed up to her.

'How will they feel when I betray them all tomorrow? When I turn on them to my pack?' She thought in her head as her ears lowered and her face had sadden guilt written all over her. Shira lied her head down on her paws as her eyes closed, trying to sleep as one thought stayed in her head....Am I doing the right thing?