Tackle's Birthday (request)

Another request from @Thekingofstorys

"Come back here!" Tackle yelled out as he tried pouncing on his best friend Ferry. He was playing tag with Vibe and Ferry and it was sunset but what the cub didn't know was that his two friends had a plan and it was working.

Tackle was out of breath but then his two friends had stopped and were standing there smiling big. Tackle looked at his friends confused "you guys...know...you don't need... to wait for me" Tackle panted out of breath, his tongue out. But his friends weren't going anywhere.

Tackle got his breathing back to normal and he leaped to his friends "ok let's do this!" He said confident but his friends stayed relaxed and just causally walked into the bushes behind them. Tackle cocked his head to the right confused. He then followed them and jumped into the bushes and...

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TACKLE!"

The whole Herd had come out of their hiding spots and Vibe and Ferry waved their arms up. The mammoths blew some flower petal confetti with their trunks. The place was decorated with flower streamers, some painted colorful pawprints on the trees and there were food and there was even a pool with a water slide. Diego and Shira were on both sides of their cub.

"Wow!" Tackle said excited his eyes huge and his smile big. "You guys remembered my birthday?" He asked and Diego lifted his cub up and Tackle landed on his back. "Of course we did furball. Why did you think we weren't at the den this morning?" Shira asked him teasingly, nuzzling her cub.

'Actually mom's got a point. I didn't see mom and dad the whole day' Tackle said in his head. "Alright everyone! Let's get this party started!" Vibe yelled out and everyone cheered excited.

Everyone did the games first. There was hide and seek, tag, find the possum brothers but there was one game that Diego made just for Tackle...mini hunt game. Today Tackle was gonna turn ten and that's mean he would help out in the hunt with his parents.

And guess who was the prey...Buck. Tackle was getting excited for this game and Diego had to keep his paw on the cub so he wouldn't sprint off. The other animals were sitting on trees or rocks watching the game. "Ok Tackle. You need to find Buck and catch him. You have only five minutes" Diego explained the rules and he was actually pretty curious how Tackle was gonna find the weasel

"Ready? Go!" Diego said and the moment he took his paw off Tackle's back, the cub zoomed off with his friends cheering him on. Tackle slowed down a bit and his ears moved for any sounds. His nose sniffed the ground but there wasn't any scent of Buck.

'Ok think Tackle. If I was Buck, where would I be hiding?' he asked in his head and the cub thought his eyes closed. His eyes opened when he had a good clue and he turned to a tree, his eyes squinted for a better look. The cub looked at the leaves and noticed a brown furry leaf...a brown furry leaf?

Smiling, the cub climbed up the tree and jumped into the leaves and then that brown furry 'leaf' got pulled into the leaves. "Gotcha!" Tackle yelled and the leaves "Oy! Hey! That tickles!" Buck complain while laughing and the animals heard everything and laughed about it. "Well on the bright side, that's a good start for Tackle" Diego commented.

Now it was on to the food and Ellie had the made the cub a big birthday cake for the cub. Tackle wagged his tail excited, the cake was almost as big as Manny. Julian lifted the cub up on his trunk so Tackle could blow out the candles which were small sticks on fire. And everyone started singing the birthday song.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you"

Tackle smiled big at everyone and his heart was touched. He felt lucky to have a Herd as his family and to have awesome parents that try to be the best they can be.

"Happy birthday dear Tackle. Happy birthday to you" they finish the song and on cue, Tackle blew out the candles and everyone cheered and Tackle slid down Julian's trunk and ran to his parents, giving them a hug and the sabers lovingly nuzzled their cub "Happy birthday Tackle" they told him as the party continued.