I got your Back(Request)

Request from DahianaHorna. Can we agree that we should've seen what our favorite sabers were up to when Manny was fighting Gutt?

Diego had no idea what was happening. One moment, they were cornered by pirates with the ocean behind. Next thing you know, there's a large whale appearing with Sid in the blowhole, shooting water at their enemies. A strange but perfect timing. He'll take it.

"Whoa!" Diego narrowly dodged a water shot, feeling it brush his arm. That stuff was powerful. And he had to get out of here before he gets blasted into the water too. His eyes glanced to the side only to shoot right back to find Shira, frozen in place, her ears twitching a lot as she wasn't sure what to do in this situation. "Shira!" He called out to her, immediately rushing torwards her. The striped cat stared at the whale as it shot another water geyser at her direction. Before she could react, something shoved her away from it, the two sliding across the ice and down the lower part of the ship.

Both cats groaned from the fall as Shiea looked up, finding green eyes looking down at her. "Diego?" She said, surprised to him as he got off her, letting her stand up.

"You alright?" He asked her concern. "Yeah. I'm fine. But why did you do that? I told on you to Gutt" she told him, not understanding why he did saved her.

"Yeah and you nearly let yourself get killed just to save us"

She stared at him surprised from his firm reply. "You looked out for us back  on the island. So, I'm returning the favor" he explained to her as she glanced away blushing. It was strange yet thoughtful to her.

"Thanks. I appreciate that" She told him, looking back with a grateful smile as he smiled back at her.

Suddenly, a fish bone dagger hit the ice wall right between them. They both turn to the right to see the pirates approaching them with their weapons out, looking at them furious, and ready to kill. " Dang it I miss!" Squint yelled out as Raz pulled out another dagger for him from her pouch. " We got a bone to pick with ya. Especially you, Shira" Raz snarled at them, all the pirates giving their ex first mate hateful glares.

"Ready to return the favor, softie?" Shira asked him smirking, ready to get her paws dirty as her claws retracted out. Diego had the same look his face as his claws came out too.

"This should be fun" he said as both cats snarled and charged at their foes. Shira ran across the ice wall as Squint tried throwing his fish daggers at her. But she was much faster, and pounced on the pig. Grabbing her with his teeth, she tossed  him off straight to Silas.

Squint was about to throw another dagger but Diego snarled, and and to avoid that crazy bunny's daggers and swatted him, sending him flying against the wall.

The badger got on his back and tried prying him off but when he finally did, Raz's shark jaw weapon caught him paw she smirked at him wickedly. "Oh boy" he said unamused before he hurled over to an ice wall, slamming into it hard. His body ached as his head was ringing from the impact.

"ROOOOAR" Shira pounced on Raz to distract her giving him the chance to get up. Raz got the she cat off, and tried to stab her sword at her. Diego was about to rush in and help but Flint, Silas, and the badger cornered him.

Silas dived in and bit Diego's left ear. He snarled in pain, and grabbed his wing with his teeth. He harshly hrew him against the wall leaving feathers on the trail. The brown saber then notice the boar digging his hoof on the ground, ready to charge at Shira.

Thinking quick, Diego grabbed the badger and threw at the sea lion. "Ah! I can't see! I can't see!" The sea lion whined as Diego went behind, and kicked him in the back, sending them both straight into an ice wall to knock which left a huge crack.

"You're nine lives are done for Shira!" Raz snarled at her ferciously, making another direct to her, and missed. Shira took the chance to grab the kangaroo by her neck with her teeth, and threw her over the icy ledge. The striped saber looked down, snarling briefly for a moment.

What she didn't see was the pig, Dobson, charging straight torwards her. Right before he could knock her, a brown blur roared and body slammed into him. The pig slammed against the ice wall hard Shira turned to see what happen. Diego looked at her, his snarl at the pirate shofted into a assuring smile, nodding to her. She nodded back to him gratefully until her attention was elsewhere, and he followed her direction.

"One down" Diego noted, feeling tired and seeing they were still outnumbered bad. "Four to go" Shira finished that sentence, feeling the same. But both refused to go down without a fight as they stood their ground, snarling.

CRACK!

Everyone froze when they heard a cracking sound, eyes huge. They all looked ahead to see that Flint had knocked over a log like mass pierced in the iceberg, widening the crack from the wall down the floor.

The ice below them started breaking, more and more. The ground started shaking violently. The sabers needed to get out now or they'll be dragged into the ocean. The striped cat noticed an icy wall that leads to a stable upper part of the ice.

"Diego! This way!" Shira yelled at him, running as he followed after her. The bunny noticed them running, and growled annoyed. "After them!" Squint commanded, pointing his sword at them. But the ice beneath broke apart so rapidly, taking the remaining pirates down.

"Shira! That's a dead end! We can't climb that" Diego told her but to her it wasn't a problem. The striped saber climbed over the ice wall with ease. "Right. I forgot about that" he mumbled, still finding it impressive she could do that.

He quickly jumped onto the wall, latching on the ice strongly with his claws. His hind legs tried to keep him up but there was nothing to support him. Shira looked down at him worriedly, glancing back at the icy floor continuing to shatter and collapse. Her eyes widen horrified, looking back at her friend. If he didn't get up before the floor was completely gone, he would be dragged down with it.

"Come on Diego! Hurry up!" She yelled at him, lending her paw out for him to grab. The brown saber tried to reach his paw out to her, both trying to stretch their arms to the length needed to get to eachother. Suddenly, something latched onto Diego's back and a sharp blade pressed against his neck. Squint was the only pirate standing now as he looked at them angrily. "Your coming down with me" he told him as the brown cat snarled at him but his claws were losing grip fast.

Shira gasped in shock. But it shifted into an enrage snarl, ears flatten as she felt an anger boiling inside her. This was the one person that actually cared about her. Looked out for her. Knocked her into her senses. Had her back. She was not gonna lose that.

"Hey Squint! Say hi to the fishes for me!"

She yelled at that crazy rabbit, and snarling, swatted him harshly off Diego as he hit the water. The brown saber felt himself slipping and fell, but Shira grabbed his paw on time.

She pulled him up on the upper ice. Just in time as the ice floor was no more along with the remaining pirates. The cats were lying on the ground, panting tiredly.

"You ok?" Shira asked him concerned as he got up. "Yep. Thanks. I think you're getting the hang of this looking out for eachother" he told her, offering a warm smile as he offered her paw. She looked at him surprised but smiled, glad to see he was still giving her a chance. She took his paw, getting up as the two ran to get somewhere safer, and join up with the others.