You Thought that was Me? (request)

Request from Glaceons700101. This brings up the scene where Diego sees a siren that looks like Shira.

"Hey Diego!"

"Mm?" The brown saber mumbled sleepily as he opened one eye, waking up from his cat nap on a rock. Shira was in front of him, staring at him with curiosity. "Hey Shira? What's up?" He asked her, rolling unto his back, and stretching himself in a catlike manner.

"I have a question for ya" she asked him. "Ok" he said casually as he licked his paw. "Sid was talking about how after you guys escaped the pirates, you guys ran into actual sirens. I've heard stories about them. About how they appeared as beautiful creatures with alluring and soothing voices only to lure foolish idiots to their doom" she told him, retracting her claws to examine them.

"Oh yeah. Heh. We almost got fooled by them. Manny however caught on and saved us" Diego said, licking his paw and brushing it on his face to clean himself. "Oh so you admit you were tricked by them? Never thought of you as the easily gullible type Diego" she teased him, smirking. Diego glared at her, irritated. "Your point Shira?" He asked, wondering why she is was talking about this to him.

"Well, Manny said he saw Ellie and Peaches. Sid said he saw a sloth mermaid. Weird. And Granny said she saw a strong looking sloth. Even more weirder. Like grandmother, like grandson huh. But you..." she said, glancing at him. That's when he had a feeling that whatever her question was, it was gonna be bad.

She walked up to him, and set her paws on the rock, leaning to his face as Diego blushed at the sudden distance between them being so close as she smirked at him. "I don't know what siren you encountered. So tell me tough guy. What did your siren look like?" She asked him curious yet suspicious.

'Shoot' Diego thought in his head, planning to tear Sid apart latering for telling Shira about that story. He already found it embarrassing that he accidentally kissed Sid. But it would be more humiliating if he told Shira that the siren looked like her.

"Uh I just remembered I have to go see Manny. Guy stuff you know?" He told her, trying to weasel his way out as he jumped off the rock, and quickly walked off. But Shira was persistent, and was determined to get an answer out of him.

"No you're not. Manny's on a date with Ellie right now" she reminded him, already knowing since Ellie told her. Diego froze, realizing that she was already a step ahead of him in his lies. "Well I have to check on Peaches-" he started to make up another lie. "She's hanging out with her friends. I also know that Sid is watching that cranky sloth. Oh, and don't try to lie to me that you are trying to see the possums because I overheard them planning to prank the slothes" she said to him, stopping him from using any excuse ot lie that involved their friends.

Diego shut his eyes, and huffed fustrated. She somehow knew, and outsmarted him from making an excuse to get out of this. It made him wondered if she had planned this. Learning of the Herd's plans just incase he would try to involved them in his attempts to escape.

"Come on. Tell me. I won't laugh. I promise" she begged him, persistently as he hung his head low in defeat. He turned around, glancing at her. "You promise?" He told her, knowing she loved to tease and make fun of him sometimes.

Shira nodded her head at him. Sighing, he fully turned his body around to face her directly. "Ok fine. The siren that I saw looked a lot like....a lot like you actually" he told her reluctantly, scanning her face for her reaction. Her blue eyes widen, surprised yet puzzled. She did not expect that response. Her? Being the siren?

"So just to be clear, the siren you saw looked like me?" She asked him, wanting to make sure she heard right. "Yeah" he answered nervously, uncertain how she was going to respond. "You thought that was me?" She asked him, double checking. He nodded his head slowly, feeling that her reaction was about to come. The striped saber's expression was baffled, blinking as she processed it.

"PFFFT HAHAHAHA!!"

Shira tried to hold it in but she bursted out laughing. The thought of her being the siren, and already knowing this cat's feelings for her was all too good. It was so funny her sides started hurting and she fell down on her back, holding her stomach as her eyes watered.

Diego stared at her annoyed, his ears down. Knowing her, he had a feeling that she was going to make fun of him. His ears lowered, irritated as she just kept laughing. " I thought you said you promise you wouldn't laugh" he told her plainly as looked at him, upside down.

"I know I know. It's just...pfftt hahahhaha!" She told him and got into another laughing fit, covering her face with her paw as her other paw still held her stomach. "It's too funny! Aw wow you really missed that much huh softie?" She teased him and his face blushed red, flustered. He turned his face away from her, growling in frustration. "I knew I should've kept that to myself" he told himself regretfully as he face palmed, knowing for sure she would never let him hear the end of it.