Fireworks

It was sunset and the Herd were at the beach. Sid, with help from the possums and Buck, were planning the firework show. With Buck's help, they were going to use some small space rocks from the asteriod to get the fireworks started.

Tackle was splashing in the water, pouncing, jumping and playing in it. He climbed up a rock and leaped off it to make a bigget splash but...

"gotcha" Diego said, coming out of nowhere and catching his cub by the scruff of his fur.

"Aw come on dad! One more splash" Tackle groaned annoyed as his dad took him far from the water and to his mom Shira, the cub waving his paws. He put the cub in Shira's paws. Tackle pouted annoyed. "Come on Tackle. It will be fun" Shira told him, licking his cheek. It was actually gonna be Tackle's first time to see fireworks.

"What are fireworks?" Tackle asked puzzled, tilting his head with one ear down. Diego smirked at him "You'll see" Diego told him as he sat down next to Shira. Tackle looked at them confused. Right now it was quiet and the sky turning from sunset to a blue night sky...it won't be quiet for long.

BOOM! BOOM! Fireworks came up in the sky and everyone awed and ooh at the light show. Except one.

Tackle got spooked by the sudden noise, he ran out of Shira's paws and hid behind a log. He covered his eyes with his paws, his ears flat scared as he whimpered in fear.

Diego and Shira looked at Tackle surprised. They were expecting him to get surprised but not expecting him to get spooked. Diego stood up and walked over to his son.

"Tackle?" He asked him worried and the cub uncovered his paws, his eyes were watering and he sniffed. Diego got surprised to see him crying. 'Wow he was that scared' Diego thought in his head. "It's ok bud. There's nothing to scared about" Diego told him calmly with a warm smile and he nuzzled the scared cub.

"I don't like the fireworks" Tackle told him, rubbing his nose with his paw. "So you had a little spook with the sound. I get it. But it' really not that scary" Diego said trying to convince him. Tackle was still shaken from the sudden boom.

"Come on" Diego told him, motioning his head back to the fireworks. Tackle catiously stood up, his ears still down as he followed his dad closely behind him. The two sabers went back to Shira.

"Any luck?" She asked her mate, refering to Tackle being scared from fireworks. "Um we're getting there" he told her as he sat down. BOOM! Tackle flinched at another loud boom.

"Come on bud. You're missing out" Diego told him as he pulled the cub a little closer with his paw. Tackle took a deep breath and made his way closer. His ears flinched at another boom and his eyes closed as he walked up and sat in his dad's paws.

"Ok can we go home now?" Tackle asked still scared. "You gotta open your eyes bud" Shira told him and Tackle slowly opened one eye but what he saw made him open both eyes.

Tackle's eyes slowly grew big in awe and wonder. He saw the night sky get lit up from the fireworks. All the different colors bursting and illuminating the dark blue sky before disappearing with another firework coming up. "Whoa" Tackle whispered, smiling. He felt the fear inside him from before vanish into wonder, his eyed sparkling with curiosity.

Tackle relaxed and rested on his dad's paws, watching the fireworks. Diego and Shira looked at their cub, both smiling to see their cub relaxed and enjoying the show. Shira scooted closer to Diego and rested her head on his shoulder as the sabers and the Herd watched the fireworks.