A Dad's report (request)

Request from Tannerh012. Takes places after the Lullaby is a cure

Shira opened her eyes, waking up from her nap. She snuggled against something very soft, humming in pleasure. She was asleep with her mate and cub in their den. Tackle was recovering from a fever he had and she left Diego to watch over him while she go get something to eat for herself. She brought back leftovers for her family and found them both asleep. She found Tackle's temperature gone down which was a good thing.

The saber leaned to her mate, and started licking his cheek to wake him up. Diego started to shift in his sleep and he started to wake up. He caught sight of his mishevious mate as she chuckled at him, finding his sleepy expression amusing to her. Diego just smiled at her warmly and kissed her forehead before nuzzling her face.

"Hey kitty. How long have you been sleeping next to me?" He asked her as Shira moved her head to nuzzle under his chin. "Right after I found you and Tackle fast asleep like little baby sabers" she told him, teasing him. Although one is a baby saber.

Diego chuckled at her as he licked her head. Shira glanced down at their cub, still asleep, but looking much better than before. His fur wasn't as pale as before. And his breathing seemed better too. She smiled, relieved to see her cub looking well and recovering. She bent down and licked his forehead.

"Looks like the little guy is looking better" she whispered quietly so not to wake him up. "Yeah. All that sleep is gonna help him out a lot" he mentioned as his paw gently caressed Tackle's furry head. "His temperature has gone down. That's a relief" he brought up as he felt his cub's forehead was no longer warm.

"Well that's good. Although why do I have feeling you did something to get him to asleep?" She asked him, smirking at him as he suddenly avoided eye contact with her. "Come on. Admit it. You did something to make him fall asleep" she insisted to him persistently.

The brown saber really didn't want to tell Shira that he had sung a lullaby to his cub. "It's nothing you need to know. It's not like some special trick or anything" he told her, hoping she leave him be.

"Yawwwn"

The two cats glanced down as they heard some yawning and saw Tackle awake. The cub stretched his little paws, showing his pink paw pads. As he yawned, his mouth opened, showing his pink tongue and sharp white teeth.

Shira smirked at her cub misheviously as she booped his nose. It caught him off guard and his eyes blinked surprised. His parents chuckled at him, finding it cute.

"Good morning sleepy kitty" Shira told him, nuzzling him. "Good morning mom. Good morning dad" he told them both as he nuzzled his mom and then his dad.

"Hey buddy. How you feeling?" Diego asked him as Tacke licked his paw and wiped it down his face to clean himself. "Much better" he told him. He sounded better too. His voice was returning to normal.

"I think that song you sang helped me out a lot dad"

Diego froze when Tackle said that. Shira glanced at her mate, smirking amusingly. She knew something was up when she was away. "Can we go play now?" Tackle asked them, itching to get out of the den and play outside again.

"First you need to eat breakfast. I brought some leftovers from the last hunt. We eat first and then we can go play outside" Shira told him as the cub scrambled to go get breakfast. The sooner he can eat, the sooner he can play.

"So Diego. What's that about you singing a song to Tackle hm?" Shira asked him, smirking as she looked at her mate. Diego groaned annoyed and embarrassed. She was the last person he wanted to find out.

"Mom! Dad! Come on! Eat up so I can go outside please!" Tackle called out to them. "We're coming bud. Alright fine I'll tell you but no making fun about it got it?" He told her irritated.

"No promises there softie" she told him amusingly as he sighed, knowing he had no choice but to explain it.