86 Victoria's First Birthday

"Cake, streamers, balloons, presents, Betsy has a party hat, I have plates and food," Lin lists off as he crosses things off the list. (Y/n) was just setting the last few things out as it was Victoria's 1st birthday party.

"Lin calm down, everything is going to run smoothly, we've got the smash cake for Vicky, and a cake for us adults. And everyone's coming. We've got food being brought by your lovely mother, and my mom is calling in later to say hi to Vicky. Everything is gonna be fine my love," (Y/n) says moving to rub his arms and peck his lips.

Lin hummed into the small soft kisses before resting his head against hers, "Okay okay I'm sorry, it's just our baby is 1 now!" he points out, "I can't believe it, we made it through a year with her,"

"Yes we did, and even though it was rough at times-"

"Endless sleepless nights, diaper explosions, Betsy trying to steal her toys-"Lin starts to list off only for (Y/n) to cover his mouth.

"Okay a lot happened, I get it, but we did and she's amazing, walking already and she's close to spouting her first words, and we've got an amazing summer to look forward to with her."

"Filming for In The Heights, our wedding, course it'll be the best summer ever," Lin points out grinning.

"Yes all that, it'll be quite amazing to see it all." (Y/n) points out softly as the two lean and bask in everything.

"It really will, and the fact that you girls get to be watching or partially watching it when you're not playing and going to the park,"

"See? it'll be good,"

"It really will now let's get this party finished being set up!"Lin points out.

__________

Not long after the party was in full swing, with everyone from some of the Hamfam that was in the city at the time being there, to relatives giving the very excited Victoria lots of attention. The birthday girl was toddling around grabbing hold of people's hands and asking to be picked up with grabby hands.

Eventually, it came time to open presents, and clearly, there were ones, like the plushies that Victoria refused to let go once opened and other practical gifts like shoes, clothing etc.

When the cake was brought out it was quick for Victoria to start smashing at her cake clearly knowing what it was with a squeal and the sound of her happy babbles as she got fistfuls of frosting while everyone practically snapped a few photos wanting to keep it to be printed later.

"We did good see?" (Y/n) whispers as she leans against Lin.

"We did, didn't we?" Lin whispers back. "Bath time is going to be fun," he jokes.

"Ugh...she's gonna be so upset when we have to start cleaning her, she likes getting messy. Loves the playdo we made the other day, thought it was the best thing in the world," (Y/n) mumbles.

"I got her bathtime, you can rest, after all this party wouldn't have been as successful without you,"

"Fine...I'll rest, but if you need help don't you dare hesitate to holler, you understand?" she points out.

"Yup, but I doubt I'll need help, she's not that upset when it comes to a bubble bath-"