15 I'm a Doctor Now!

"I did it...Lin I really did it!" (Y/) cries out, her arms wrapping around Lin as he spun her around. The second she had gotten the news she raced off towards the Richard Rodgers Theater, having been let in as most people knew who she was.

"I'm so proud! That's amazing!"

"What's amazing?" A voice calls out the two breakings up with pinkened cheeks and standing close together, spotting Chris there a smirk plastered on his face as he glanced at Lin.

"I am officially a Doctor! My dissertation got approved and the defending process went well last week," (Y/n) says with a wide grin. Lin's arm was still snaked around her.

"The one Lin keeps raving about?" Chris says.

"You're raving about it?" (Y/n) asks tilting her head.

Lin clears his throat a bit, "Well yeah, it's really good, plus I passed it on to the Schuyler sisters to try and read it, though I think Jazzy was saying it was a bit long,"

"I did not! Don't listen to him!" Jazmines's voice calls out, "I just can't sit that long through something so I half-read it," she says sheepishly.

"It's fine Jazzy no need to defend yourself, I know it's long and I wrote it," (Y/n) jokes.

"Does this mean we're going celebrating tonight?" Jazzy asks.

"I er...no I'm taking (Y/n) out just us two," Lin says firmly, his arm tightening a bit causing (Y/n) to squeak a bit.

"You didn't tell me that...it's fine if we go in a group,"

"Nope, it'll just be us," Lin points out giving Chris a look where he just chuckled.

"Nope, we're throwing our new Doctor a party, no buts about it, we'll do Karaoke Night! I should let Pippa and Renée know that you're a Doctor! Doctor (Y/L/n)," Jazzy points out.

(Y/n)'s cheeks flushed at Jasmine's teasing as she tried to pull away from Lin who didn't let her, in fact, he wasn't going to let her range far away from him from then on, it was decided what he wanted for his future and the woman standing next to him was that. It was the final push towards him allowing his feelings to be known.