57 Names

"No. For the last time Lin, we are not. And I really mean not, giving our baby any name that has to do with Hamilton. But, and this is a but, I will allow it to be for a middle name and only a middle name." (Y/n) says sternly at Lin who had a book of baby girl names open up wide.

"Fine...no Hamilton names...but I still say that Elizabeth should be a good name..." he mutters.

"You named our dog Betsy, that's close enough to Elizabeth," (Y/n) retorts with a small glare, but moves to pet the little terrier.

"Okay, fair point...what about Ariel?"

"I...maybe... but if it's because of your obsession with The Little Mermaid then no,"

"Okay...this makes it harder then," Lin mumbles thumbing a few more pages in.

"Victoria has always been a great name I've liked," (Y/n) pipes up softly as she moves to nuzzle Betsy.

"That's a nice name..what about Sophia?" Lin hums out.

"That also is a good one...why is a name so hard?" (Y/n) asks with a pout.

"Because they'll have it for the rest of their lives unless they choose to change it when they get older," Lin points out.

"So no weird names..." (Y/n) sums up.

"Yes, regular names...but I do like Victoria Sophia..." he muses.

"Or Sophia Victoria?" (Y/n) suggests.

"That could work...either way we get to use Vicky or Soph as a nickname," Lin points out.

"You still want one of the Hamilton names don't you?"

"...Is it that obvious?" Lin says sheepishly.

"Just a bit...well we could always add another middle name? Which name do you really want?"

"I kind of want to have Theodosia...that way I can sing her Dear Theodosia making it her song for sure,"

"...If that's going to be the baby's middle name I guess so...but that is going to be a mouthful..."

"Victoria Sophia Theodosia Miranda?" Lin speaks it out loud. "I mean maybe...but I think it works...at least we aren't tacking on another name?"

"No, we'll stick with Miranda, I may be hyphenating my name, but that doesn't mean our kids' will. I like it...our little Vicky," she whispers her hand grazing the bump only to gasp at a solid kick.

"Vicky kicked!" Lin says excitedly, "Does that mean she likes the name?"

"Or she just wanted to kick, but if you want to get that superstitious then yes, I think our Vicky likes her name..."

"Then it's settled, Victoria Sophia Theodosia Miranda...welcome to a crazy family,"

"One that is going to love you forever and always be there for you," she whispers softly.