64 This Is Hard, Parenting Alone

"And...we've got a turnover baby!" (Y/n) says as she held her phone to where Victoria was now laying from her back to her tummy giving the phone a gummy smile and reaching out for it. "No baby girl, but you're getting so good at rolling over!" she coos before turning it off to scoop Victoria up, earning a babbly squeal from the baby.

"I miss daddy so much, and I'm sure he's gonna hate that he missed this, but good thing I got you on film, yes I did!"

It was summer in the city, and (Y/n) and Victoria were together, Betsy off snoozing by the air conditioner. By now Victoria was roughly four months old and rolling over and lifting her head.

It was a few minutes after (Y/n) had sent the text with the video attached that Lin called them in full costume for his role for His Dark Materials.

Holding Victoria close to her she answered it and laughed, "Hey there handsome, look Vicky it's daddy!"

Lin's smile only got bigger when his daughter tilted a bit and reached out to the phone, "Hi princess, oh look how big you are, rolling and everything~ God I miss you so much, you've got to stop growing for my sake," he murmurs on the other side of the screen.

"I don't think she's gonna stop growing, I'm having to get new clothes for her like every other week with how long she's growing. She even grew out of those really cute dresses we got in the early summer that we thought she'd be fine wearing until the end of summer,"

"Really? Man I loved that little flower and summer sunset..." Lin pouts, but it was soon replaced with a wide grin, "Guess that means I can shop around here, for bigger clothes,"

"Don't go overbored Lin, she's growing but not that fast," (Y/n) points out softly.

"I know, I know, I promise I won't. I can't wait to bring her the stuffies I've gotten over here though, they're amazing, How's writing going?:"

"Lin! You're gonna be the worst, you're going to spoil her rotten. As for writing, it's getting there, I've gotten half way through it surprisingly but a roadblock is in my way at the moment," (Y/n) says before giggling as Victoria had grabbed hold of the phone clearly wanting to see Lin closer.

"Hi, mi princessa, yes I see you, you're so cute, oh shit-I gotta go! Sorry, I got distracted, we're filming this complex shot-"

"Lin don't explain it to me, just go, do your job, I love you!"

"Love you too! See you soon hopefully!"

"Your daddy is so silly isn't he?" (Y/n) says nuzzling her daughter as Lin hung up the face time.