24 Why Do You Have Such Expensive Tastes?

(Y/n) sighed as she glanced at a few dresses while Lin was getting his suit fitted only for arms to snake around her waist and a chin to rest on her shoulder, "Okay why are you sighing?" Lin asked softly.

"Because although these dresses are nice...they are way way too pricey, can't we just go to like Macy's and find a simple dress there? Or like I have a few I could wear that I already own,"

"No, I told you don't look at the prices when we came in here, if you like it I'll get it for you,"

"And I told you that I shouldn't be spending your money," (Y/n) points out softly.

"Hey, is this about what Twitter says? Because it's not true, you aren't digging for money or anything, you're an amazing History teacher who rocks her classroom, and I'm just lucky that you gave me a chance after our first meeting to continue hanging out."

"Okay so Twitter has been getting under my skin a bit, I can't help it though, these dresses are gorgeous and well I don't feel like I'd fit them very well," 

"You've been eying the one dress, that (favorite color) since we walked in here, why don't you try it on?"

"I mean yeah I really liked that one...okay I'll try it on at least, but if I don't like it then we aren't buying anything, I can manage something-" (Y/n) says before Lin cut her off with a kiss.

"Then we'll go to another shop, and I'll find and pay for the perfect dress, don't stress okay?" he says softly resting his forehead against hers.

"Okay...I'll try it on..." she whispers, "Thank you,"

_________

"You have to get it! It's just, it's perfect on you, it was made for you, (Y/N/n)" Lin says as he eyes her up and down, making her cheeks flush.

"Really? You really think so?" (Y/n) asks a smile forming on her lips as she twirled around to look back at herself in the mirror.

"I know so, that's the one, I'm getting it for you. You look gorgeous, and I can grab a tie that will match it really easily...I think we're good to go,"

"Thank you, Lin, really," (Y/n) whispers moving to quick peck his cheek, grabbing his hand and squeezing it.

"And you know what else? I think it'll be a great thing to be able to pull off after that night," he whispers into her ear.

"Lin! We're in public, shhhh," (Y/n) hisses, her cheeks flaming at what he was insinuating.

"Hey, can't help it, I bet it would now let's go so I can pay."

"I'm still buying lunch, that's what we agreed, Shake Shack is calling my name,"

"Right, hurry let's go!" Lin says shoving her to change before going off to pay, the two leaving the store hand in hand with wide grins on their faces.