58 I Hate This...I'm Going To Write Instead

"Okay...when I said take a break I really meant it (Y/n)" Lin says as he glances at her where she was typing away at her laptop, books surrounding her of sources.

"I know...but I want to write this, and your daughter is causing a lot of trouble where I can't leave this bed. The doctor didn't say I could do work and write from the bed."

"But he also said to not overwork yourself, and I think this is over-working,"

"I want to write a book, and I've already done with my lesson plans for the next two weeks, so I might as well. My editor for my journal that was going to be published suggested instead write a book on this topic since it's not one that's as done,"

"And I love that, but stressing yourself overwriting a book is not the way to go," Lin points out moving to her side, bookmarking each page she was on before closing the books. "Finish that train of thought and I'll bring you lunch,"

"I just want to do something other than lay in bed!" she cries out her eyes filling with tears.

"But the doctor got worried when you pointed out you were getting dizzy and light-headed, hence why we had you go on maternity leave early and are on bed rest," he points out as everything was set aside.

"It's hard though, I can't do anything," (Y/n) says with a sniffle.

"I know querida, it's hard, but it will be worth it for sure," he whispers as he moves to kiss her forehead while wiping the tears away. "It's frustrating to see you like this, I want to help,"

"I know...I'm sorry it's just freaking me out, I'm terrified," (Y/n) admits softly.

"And that's okay because you know why?"

"Why?"

"I'm here by your side, and nothing is gonna change that, you understand?" he tells her, "Now let me grab our lunch I made us, then we can just cuddle for the rest of the day, have Betsy come in and join us too."

"But Betsy isn't allowed on the bed?"

"Well we can make an exception just this once," Lin points out. "And it's not like she hasn't been up here before,"

"Yeah...when you're usually gone though,"

"Well, I'm allowing her to join us,"

"Good, I could use Lin and Betsy cuddles,"