107 Virtual Birthday

"no! No no no no no!" Victoria cried out, her eyes watering when Lin tried to calm her down.

"I know princessa, but we can't leave the house, and you'll see your friends on the computer," he tries only earning more cries and upset words from their daughter.

(Y/n) let out a small sigh as she rested her head on the counter, the cake was in the oven, as their usual baker said they were trying to figure things out, and Victoria was rather upset she couldn't even see Abuela or Abuelo on anything but the computer screen. Terrible-twos started and it was getting worse.

"Victoria Sophia Theodosia Miranda," Lin says sternly as he moved to sit her on his lap, "I know you want to see everyone, but we can't princessa, I love you sweetie and we'll see them just here. But you still have your presents from Mama and I, and Abuelo and Abuela have sent their presents and they're here too. You get to open them with them just they won't be here," he tries to explain to the teary-eyed two-year-old.

Victoria let out a whine as she gripped at his shirt her face hiding in his chest as she cried while (Y/n) got the cake out moving to try and get it to cool in the fridge.

"He's right baby," (Y/n) said as she moved to rub her daughters back. "It may be a little different but we'll still see them and you can hug daddy and me when you get the presents. It'll be only for a little while okay? I'm sure we'll see them pretty soon," she points out.

It hurt both her and Lin to see Victoria clearly upset about not seeing everyone, even the small video chats with other parents in order to form the 'Toddler chat' as they called it, wasn't enough as the toddler was clearly frustrated and confused about the whole situation.

Eventually it seemed Victoria calmed herself down as she drifted off into her nap making both parents sigh in relief.

"That is hard, I just hope she's better later for the party," (Y/n) points out.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, my parents pointed out they'd be there, and your mom already is going to join. My sister and her kids will as well," Lin points out as he kisses her forehead, "I'll put her in her bed, you just breathe and sit down, you're strssing over this too much,"

"I just want her birthday to be okay, it's a sucky situation but it's happening and we're figuring it out. You've worked out school, not ideal but you've got it down. Now just figuring out this one's birthday and yours," Lin points out softly as he moves to get up to put Victoria to her bed.

________________

Once the virtual party was in full swing Victoria was in a much better mood she wasn't happy she couldn't hug everyone, but at least seeing them seemed to do something as she was giggling and smiling as she talked to everyone in small bouts. Eventually leading to opening the few presents she had. Not that she cared, all she cared about was ripping the paper and the boxes mostly.

She was really thrilled when she got more trains from Lin's parents and a train conductor set for herself from (Y/n)'s mother her eyes sparkling in joy as she forced Lin to open it right on spot and put it on over her party dress.

(Y/n) felt Lin's arms wrap around her and rest on the bump and his chin on her shoulder, "Okay so this worked out pretty well didn't it?" he whispers.

"I like to think so, even if the cake was sort of a disaster, I gave up and stuck her trolls on it," (Y/n) points out.

"Not my fault she loves Ant's character," Lin points out with a pout on his lips.

"Ham fam chat is tonight right?" (Y/n) points out.

"mmhmm, and Ant, Daveed and Chris said they sent Vicky presents but it could take a few days to arrive,"

"They spoil her too much,"

"That they do, but they're in fighting for best Uncle you know that, and Ant is winning because all Victoria wants to do is watch Trolls 2,"

"But she just likes his part in it, so he's clearly in the win." (Y/n) points out as Victoria called out to the two of them wanting to eat her cake now.

It wasn't an ideal birthday but they were managing it for sure.